Seeking Services Ontario Canada

HeatherSnyder

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2023 at 12:39 PM, HM_Solutions said:

Depending on your time line, I should be able to help with your design. I am mostly booked until Jan, but have time then. I am in Ontario, Kitchener area. Have done many, many reno's, am very familiar with the code.

Thank you for responding.  Here is some background and questions:

Timing:  I likely can draw it out and wait until you are available.

Program specs:  Are you working in the current version of Home Designer Pro?  

Hourly Rate:  What is your hourly rate?

Working together logistics:  How could we work together with one file to get it done?  Sending files and zipping them?  Or is there a collaborative view (which would help the most) where we are both looking at the file and either one is able to update it on the fly)?

History:  The file had been started.  With the multiple floors it was back and forth with HD Tech Support.  For some reason there were some quirky things showing up so HD suggested I start from scratch and work with someone.  So I will need to start over again.

Measurements:  Should I start a new file with basic measurements so that you have something to go off of?

On 11/28/2023 at 6:40 AM, ChiefUserFarzan said:
Work on similar project frequently and attached work samples - https://portals.wetransfer.com/reviews/c6708b15-1159-4e14-afe7-a0b77e7b6fc9

If remote work is an option, here is my profile to review:

Thank you.

Thank you for responding.  

I am glad you attached information from past files that you completed.

I am a bit concerned about the need to keep the file so that it can be approved by an Ontario Engineer.

What is your availability?

On 11/28/2023 at 11:06 AM, KristjanM said:

Keep in mind that the design has to be signed off from a designer registered in Ontario.

Thank you for that heads up.

I am trying to create a very good working draft to be able to even convey the renovation ideas to someone (engineer/designer) and then they can go from there.

On 11/27/2023 at 8:49 PM, HeatherSnyder said:

Seeking services from someone familiar with the Ontario Building Code, preferably working in Home Designer, to collaboratively design for a renovation.  I have a draft of some concepts but am too new to the software to get far enough myself.

Hello Heather,

If you have not found someone yet, I would be interested in speaking with you about your project.

I am licensed, insured and qualified to practice in Ontario and have many years of residential experience in designing residential renovations and additions.  

Feel free to contact me at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
Wallace

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 8:03 AM, HeatherSnyder said:

Thank you for responding.  

I am glad you attached information from past files that you completed.

I am a bit concerned about the need to keep the file so that it can be approved by an Ontario Engineer.

What is your availability?

Did you find someone yet? If not, would love to have some discussion.

Thank You