Auto floating dormer on 2nd/attic, over 1st floor wall

dnh234589

Hello fellow Chief users,

In this plan I have two dormers. I want to put a third auto floating dormer between them. But it's complaining that there are walls there so it can't add the dormer, when in fact these are 1st floor walls so shouldn't matter.

Can anyone help?

Capture.PNG

Chief16Designer,

Thanks! That almost works. However two problems remain:

Please see the attached pics.

1) In the 3d pic you see the roof is present inside the dormer. Explode didn't bring along a hole in the roof. OK no problem, I'll click on the roof and draw a hole. As soon as I do this I get the popup: "Two holes in this roof plane intersect each other or are superimposed". The error keeps popping up until I delete the hole. I never have two holes.

2) In the top view you see the wall circled in red -- why is this here? I understand it is an attic wall due to the 1st floor below, perhaps it needs to be there to represent a mere few inches of wall height at that location. But it conflicts with my exploded dormer at points P1 and P2 which is not what I'd like...  How do I get rid of this wall so my dormer walls can be happy?

I've updated the .plan file at the original link above; here is that link again.

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG