Layout Export to PDF Sends wrong fonts

Csecr0123

Go to solution Solved by BenMerritt,

I am using X15, but having an issue with layout. See the photo for reference. In my layout file, my font looks like I want it (the lower set of font). When I 'Export to PDF' or even when I print to PDF (may be the same function), I use the Chief to PDF setup and makes most of my font in italics. All of my dimensions are changed as well as some text on my layout. I use mostly Rich text, but even basic text as well as tables and dimensions are not being produced properly. I noticed this when I switched from X14 to X15. 

Any suggestions?image.thumb.png.3f5a5968c832ce2e6f0314f3013aa8bd.png

• Solution

If you're using a font that doesn't actually have an italic variant installed, trying to make some instances of that font italic can cause issues when printing. You may want to look in the system font settings (Start → Settings → Personalization → Fonts) to see if the font you're trying to use has an italic face.

3 hours ago, BenMerritt said:

If you're using a font that doesn't actually have an italic variant installed, trying to make some instances of that font italic can cause issues when printing. You may want to look in the system font settings (Start → Settings → Personalization → Fonts) to see if the font you're trying to use has an italic face.

The font does not have an italic version. So you're saying, if in my layout or throughout my whole project, if I have an italic version or I made my font (maven pro) italic, then it would show issues when exporting it to a PDF?

4 hours ago, BenMerritt said:

This fixed it! Since the font I was using (Maven Pro) only has 2 variants (Regular and Black aka BOLD), I had a few items in italics. I changed those back to regular and all of the font changed back to how it was.

Was not aware of this at all. Thank you for getting this solved!