Chief Architect Rendering Suddenly Slow Even on New Plans and on "Open Object"

jarrex

Not sure what's going on but ever since I upgraded to X14 from X13 everything is super slow -- even really basic things like just opening an object's specifications and trying to click inside the height measurement box causes a delay of about 5+ seconds and every character typed in the box takes at least 1 second to appear. This happens on blank, brand new plans and existing plans.

I have tried all of the following:

• Disabling AntiVirus
  • Turning off all auto-framing
  • Purging all material cache

The slowness happens even on non-3D layers (e.g. just plan view) and double clicking on any object takes 3+ seconds to even open specifications. My hardware has not changed since X13 and I still have X13 installed and X13 is now also as slow as X14. I went through and deleted all manufacturer catalogs and user objects and it is still super slow and I am not really sure what else there could be to resolve it.

It appears to be something with rendering objects -- as the only thing that is not slow is if I open up Room Specifications - which makes me think the slowness in object specifications is the mini-rendering on the right hand side of the panel.

Edit: Can confirm it's something related to rendering - if I change the Object Specification rendering from Vector to "Plan View" the issue within object specifications no longer happens.

• jarrex changed the title to Chief Architect Rendering Suddenly Slow Even on New Plans and on "Open Object"

Thanks Eric. Surprisingly yes, it appears that an update came out two days ago (which was right when I upgraded). I am surprised that such a recent update could cause issues like that but it seems to have resolved the issue.