I am having issues getting any PBR to send to layout and then export to PDF clearly. It will get pretty close to clear when I am in the camera view itself, but it will not resolve fully when sent to layout or exported to PDF. This is still a new feature for me and am trying to figure it out, so this last step really has me stumped. Not sure if it is my computer (also having the lovely crashing issue on a regular basis, but that is another topic altogether). I cannot load the plan file I am currently having an issue with as it is a client file (I understand this is not helpful), but here is an image of what I am getting. Any ideas of where to start are greatly appreciated.
AMD Radeon RX 6700XT
Since upgrading to x14 at least 2 of my co-workers in my department are having a text issue when saving as a PDF. I have not had the issue they're having but it's becoming an "inconvenience" that if they need something sent to PDF, those of us not having the issue will have to open the file and do it for them.
I've attached some pictures of the issue vs what it's supposed to look like.
Is anyone else having this issue and knew the solution to fix it?
How it looks when they send to PDF
vs how it looks when I send to PDF
My projects are increasingly moving into the digital submission world. In digital format, various municipalities are setting up criteria for acceptable submission standards that are divergent. That is to say, each municipality is reinventing the wheel. So far as I can tell, no two municipalities have adopted the same submission standards, and so submission has become a major task up from a simple formality.
The Province of Ontaria adopted a standard method for submission of paper documents.
1) Fill out the mandated building permit form (mandated by the Ontario Building Code Act) that all municipalities had to accept.
2) Provide at least 2 copies of the drawings in whatever scale is shown on the drawing.
3) Pay the fee by cash or cheque
Simple and pretty much the same everywhere.
Electronic Submission Nightmare
1) Same as 1 above in PDF
2) Same as 2 above except one PDF file (PDF must not exceed 5meg. Limit for most email servers)
3) Same as 3 above but email Interac transfer
4) Reply to comments from the plan examiner sent by email. Send revised pages to the examiner in PDF
1) Create an on-line account with the municipality
2) Fill out an on- line application form
3) Register all parties (Owner and Agent at a minimum) and these people also have to participate in the on-line experience.
4) Create individual PDF files for each drawing page to be submitted
a) Each page to have proscribed blank area (2" x 5") for municipal stamps and comments,
b) Each page to have a name that corresponds to the title block name
c) Each PDF to be in vector format. Raster format is not acceptable. (CA does not support vector PDF) I suspect the vector PDF would be much smaller than a raster PDF)
e) Each page has to be a flattened file, no layers
d) Each page must not have any security features that would prevent editing or commenting (try to convince an Engineer who has stamped the drawing to do this!)
f) PDF file size must not exceed (put in some arbitrary limit here.)
5) Pay the fees as required, usually on line,
6) Try to understand the matrix of comments that contain examiner's comments.
7) Upload revised drawing.
8) Comment on the examiner's matrix table.
As a result of all of this I have been experimenting with PDF print drivers, and Winzip PDF Compressor.
My hat is off to the programmers at CA! The PDF print driver included with CA out performs all of the other print drivers that I have installed on my computer for file size.
Now if only I could automatically print, as a batch, all drawing files with an automatic link to the layout page title and page number or label. That would be amazing.
I wonder if some of that might be achieved in Ruby? If CA made a printing template that allowed for individual pages as a batch print?
I've been having ongoing issues with coloured elevations once it has been sent to layout. I always get these white dashes throughout the elevation image and I have no idea how to fix this problem. I've attached an image.
This is my settings when I send to layout:
Send Options: Entire Plan/View
Camera View Options: Plot Lines, (Colour Fill, Edge Line Defaults, Pattern Line Defaults all checked)
Scaling: 1/2" = 1'-0"