X12 (2021) to X13 (2022) countertop no longer automatically seamless (1 slab)

caf200

It appears going from X12 (HD 2021) to X13 (HD 2022) that countertop material is no longer automatically seamless (ie. from 1 slab of quartz, etc).  I did a search but didn't find others with this problem. It seems like it would have been more common so I must be missing something.

I opened a support case and they confirmed it. They are reporting the bug ("issue" as they call them) to development.   They suggested that I resolve it by "group-selecting any sets of base cabinets affected by this and clicking the Generate Custom Countertop edit button. This will create a countertop polyline that is independent of the cabinets below it that is not affected by the tiling issue."

This worked for some rooms (masterbath attached). but not all because the backsplash (and side wall) can be handled differently.  Example in the kitchenette (attached BEF/AFT)  the sidewall backsplash was not wanted but showed up in the workaround.  They had me remove backsplash from the cabinets and create a custom backsplash.

HD 2021 masterbath countertop.jpg

HD 2022 masterbath countertop.jpg

HD 2022 kitchenette countertop AFT.jpg

HD 2022 kitchenette countertop BEF.jpg