Missing fonts dialog box

SMB2021

Our company uses OneDrive for our file system. The company also has particular fonts they use for documents. Our Template plan file and layout file use those fonts but there's an issue with that. Anytime one of us opens a plan file or layout file (whether it's a new blank one or for an existing project) we get the 'Replace Fonts' Dialog box asking us to replace the missing font (company font) with another. Is there a way to get it to stop asking that each time and remember where the font is?

We all have the font installed on our individual laptops. The fonts are also found on OneDrive. I've followed the article about this issue but the solution doesn't help since we all have the font installed but CA program can't seem to find it. Even if we replace the font with the same font (ie. it'll say 'Arial' font is missing and you select replace with 'Arial') that it doesn't actually replace it with that font. Once the file is open it chooses 'Verdana' font whether we choose the correct font we want or not.

Any solutions that allow us to keep using the company font?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefUserRyan25
    Newest Member
    ChiefUserRyan25

• By SMB2021
      Since upgrading to x14 at least 2 of my co-workers in my department are having a text issue when saving as a PDF. I have not had the issue they're having but it's becoming an "inconvenience" that if they need something sent to PDF, those of us not having the issue will have to open the file and do it for them.

I've attached some pictures of the issue vs what it's supposed to look like.

Is anyone else having this issue and knew the solution to fix it?

How it looks when they send to PDF

vs how it looks when I send to PDF

• By Chiefuserodd
      Hey Mr. Chief Wizard,

Is there a way to display only selected text in say a "Framing, Floor Plan View" active layer set that will not show up in the "Working Plan View"?  When I send to Layout, I would like specific text associated with the "Framing, Floor Plan View" to only show up on the "Framing" page and not on the regular plan view sheet that I have.

Thanks,

• By Ange822
      Good morning, would anyone know how to show the dimensions text horizontally and not parallel to where the dimensions is being taken?
      I am tried looking in preferences / setting / other chief talks with no luck.

Much appreciated!

• By rembocanoe66
      I've used AutoCAD since 1985 and CA for the last decade. But I've always been stuck on this one thing.
      I understand that I can change the default txt sizes in the default settings. and I can modify the annotations that delineate font characteristics. But when I have an EXISTING line label (in this case a Terrain perimeter indicating the property line)  how do I change the label text heights without redrawing the line?
    • By KINGSTONDRAFTER
      I frequently transfer Chief files between my PC & Laptop.  Consistantly when opening files after transferring, the width of text has contracted by a space and forces a 2nd text line to be created.  This happens in both plan and layout files.  If I then select all the text on a plan or layout and open, and then close, the text widths correct themselves and all is okay.  Annoying. Any ideas or remedies?   Thanks Glen