Detail stair question(s)...

PMMully

Attached is a plan that shows some odd behavior. Here is the situation:

• Attached Stairgames2.plan/pdf
    • On the left is a generated staircase with a winder calculated by CA, and a generated stairwell. All is well. 
    • On the right, this is an existing staircase I am trying to model that was built in the 60's. It has 11 treads on the straight section, and 3 in the winder, manually set by me. The winder looks fine in plan view, but if you look at the winder in 3D, one can see the incorrect generation of the winder. I did not generate a stairwell here to focus on this one aspect.
    • No matter what I have tried, I can not seem to get this to generate correctly for this real-life situation. Suggestions on how to get around this other than with than all CAD work?
  • Attached Stairgames.plan/pdf
    • On the left is the same generated staircase with a winder calculated by CA  as above. But notice the hole in the stairwell, this is only happening when I generate the right stairwell. If I removed this generated stairwell on the right staircase, it all goes back to normal.
    • On the right stairwell, all things look to be off kilter. Aside from the incorrect winder molding, when I generate the stairwell it appears to ignore the winder being attached to the wall, and generates railing, etc. The first floor view has a odd wall segment, the second floor view seems to have generated a stairwell that is in the attic. In the plan view, it shows a stairwell on floor 2, and not the attic (the reference display shows the stairwell from the attic), so that is normal.
    • I really have no idea what is happening here, but I am sure it is probably a setting I am missing.

I imagine I am just overdriving the system with this "odd tread configuration? The workarounds might be:

• Make your own stairwell versus having one generated
  • Use cad/polyline solids to "fix" the odd generation in 3D
  • Listen to this forum to point out something I have missed :-)

stairgames.pdf stairgames2.pdf stairgames2.plan

Edited by PMMully

Update: I have solved this by searching around this forum and finding a member post about drawing tightly connected landings together. It is all perfect now.

It was yet another great lesson in when to stop trying to make it work one way and trying another.