PDF Import, Poor Resolution

Hi all, when importing a PDF I have found that the resolution comes out quiet poorly. I have made use of a PDF of drawings imported to scale to trace over and create my own floorplan in Chief but once imported the line weight and overall resolution is terrible. Is this fixable or am I importing a PDF wrong?

Please check your messages.

Everyone here appreciates it when new members complete their signature with some basic info. Makes it easy to locate and always available.

You can add that info, Windows or Mac computer etc to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Thanks

• Like 1

The resolution after import will depend in part on whether your PDF contains vector data (lines, arcs, etc.) or raster data (i.e. scanned images). As a general rule, if it doesn't look sharp when you zoom in using another PDF viewer, it won't look sharp in Chief.

If you have a PDF that does look sharp in other viewers but is pixelated in Chief, that can sometimes happen in X12 and prior versions for particularly complicated PDFs. The best workaround for now is to convert the PDF to a high-resolution image using external software and then import that image into Chief.

• Like 1