We're hiring for a Full-Time Architectural position for residential remodeling & new construction using Chief Architect in Downton Chicago & surrounding Chicagoland Suburbs. It's still difficult to find people with Chief Architect experience; so I thought this forum may be a good place to look. See job posting link below:
Salary $50,000 - $70,000 a year Job Type Full-time Full Job Description
Looking for immediate architectural assistance with drafting architectural plans for obtaining building permits on primarily residential remodeling and new-construction projects throughout the City of Chicago and surrounding Chicagoland.
Drawings will be developed using the Chief Architect Software.
Job Duties will include:
- Taking field measurements and photographs of existing conditions
- Drafting & development of existing, demolition, and proposed floor plans using Chief Architect
- Drafting & Development of Exterior and Interior Elevations
- Basic level drafting and design for Structural and MEP Systems
- Updating drawings from redlines provided by Lead Architect's Review
Requirements for Qualified Candidates:
- Verifiable Experience using the Chief Architect software & ability to provide samples of work using the program.
- 2+ years experience with residential remodeling/construction in a professional setting.
- Ability to visit project sites in-person to perform field measures for existing conditions.
- General knowledge/understanding of local building codes
- Organized, reliable, detail orientated, and good communication skills
- Ability to commit to deadlines
Preferred Attributes for Candidates:
- Experience using the Chief Architect software in a professional setting.
- Completed college degree in Architecture
- Completion of formal Chief Architect training program
This position provides a flexible work environment allowing you to have flexible hours, the future potential to work remotely (with the exception of site visits) and also has a lot of room for potential growth within the company!
This position will qualify to provide AXP hours to be used towards Licensing through the NCARB program.
Please provide a copy of your resume, contact phone number, email address, and samples of work.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
401(k) Flexible schedule Paid time off
Bonus pay Commission pay
Residential Architecture: 2+ years Chief Architect: 1+ year (Preferred)
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and work samples if you are interested in the position.
I am looking for someone to draft a complete set of plans for my small 1 1/2 story house. I have Chief Architect Home Designer Pro and the plans are already drawn up. The only thing that needs a little help is the roof (11/12 pitch) with a dormer (6/12 pitch). I'll need elevation plans, floor plan, foundation plan, floor framing plan, roof framing plan, wall cross-section, electrical plans that I've already done. I can't attach the Chief Architect File because it's too big but these will give you an idea of the project. Could you quote me a price and timeline?
Warren Street Home fl. 2.pdf
Warren Street Home.pdf
Looking to partner with an Architect in the Maryland area to complete a custom home design and bring it to permit in Howard County Maryland
Calgary Alberta Canada, residential design firm. New Century Design is seeking an experienced Architectural Technologist with Chief Architect experience at intermediate level or above. Our small design firm handles 60 - 70 projects a year from Single Family up to 6-7 unit Townhouses. Experience with Development Permit Applications and Land Use Re-designations is important. Structural and technical skills with the Alberta Building Code and Energy code are a must. and Lumion 3D Rendering a bonus.
Send email with qualifications list and recent project samples (preferably Chief 3D ). to email@example.com.
Must be able to work in our Studio in Inglewood. No remote applicants will be considered.
My name is Jared Smith, I just started studying “Product development and Innovation” at SDU in Odense, Denmark.
Me and my group has been assigned a semester project, which consists of us redesigning an Architects lamp.
We’ve been handed a lamp and it is our task to come up with a new design and new features to add to the lamp.
For us to understand the market we’re reaching out to several architects around the world, to get a picture of, what opinions and ideas are required to create a good working space.
My question for you now is, what requirement does a lamp have to fulfil to optimize working on projects? Which lighting is good and does the design matter? We appreciate any ideas, suggestions and/or opinions.
We hope you could find time, to help and we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards, Jared Smith