Hello, I am the owner of Custom Structure Designs and a practicing, licensed, municipal Building Official with the State of Connecticut. Contact us if you are looking for design services for your project. We are also available for code consulting on residential and commercial projects.

Custom Structure Designs

Michael Roraback

Manchester, CT

860-682-4740

• MikeCSD changed the title to Connecticut Designer/Code Consultant
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ElzaBDesign
    Newest Member
    ElzaBDesign

• By Csnrv2019
      Stair snapping around a corner worked flawlessly on the original creation and I used the material eye dropper to match the deck materials and color. (maybe that shouldn't be done or done another way?) When I did that it unsnapped the corners, I thought I would finish with all the steps then resnap them together! Well it doesnt work now and when I used the undo option it removed the colors and materials to original but did not resnap the stairs. I have deleted the stairs and drawn new, however they still will not snap! 
      I also just added a link to a video here so you can see the settings and that they are not snapping together. https://www.loom.com/share/22e0ba8e0c6447a49829732290fc6d5a
      Anyone know what I did wrong and what I can do to fix it? 

Thanks for your help, have a great day! 

• By Quickchevys
      So I learned this software(somewhat) and designed a house for my family about 6 years ago and the plan is now in motion to build the house. I have since forgot how to do all of the editing of the house and need a few tweaks done as well as the roof properly done since I never was able to understand how to get that part right. I also know that some walls, floors, and stairs were kind of just manipulated to be close enough to look ok in the camera view. So I would like someone that has more experience with the program to kind of go through my drawings and correct the things that need to be corrected and also get files for blueprints ready. I never could figure out that part either. 
    • By DCB123
      I am an experienced Chief Architect Designer of (7) years now. I have completed several large scale, high end custom residential home projects, here in SW Florida. I have samples of my work, and photorealistic renders, full walkthroughs animations all done in Lumion software. Pls, reach out to me, by phone, or the email listed below. I’de love to hear from you now. My rates are based upon the project, but, an idea of what I charge, is normally $50 per hour for my drafting and design time, this is somewhat negotiable, and can be addressed when we discuss your project together. Pls reach out to me to discuss your next project. Thx!

Email:
      douglasburgmann@gmail.com
      cell: (970)987-4476 msg/txt

• By cjanderson66
      I have designed a very large deck and the client wanted to take 2' off in one direction and another 3' in the other.  I have custom framed the deck framing per the engineer and don't want to change the framing.  The problem is that I need to rebuild the deck in order to not show the decking from overhanging the framing.  Is there a way to just rebuild the decking and not the framing of the deck itself. as you can from the rendering shown below you can see that the decking overhangs the decking.  Everytime I rebuild it it changes the framing per CA.

• By Markis
      Hello,
        I am having issues trying to show balusters in plan view. I clicked on draw newels and baluster , does not show.
      im on version 11.  
        thanks 
      mark