mainst555

Tray Ceiling

Hi,

Does anyone know how to create a skylight or ceiling hole at the top of a tray ceiling.  I used the new tray ceiling command and it doesn't seem to allow a hole is the top of the tray

Thanks in advance

It depends on how the tray was built. If it extends down into the room, create the tray, explode the tray, place the skylight.

If it extends up, then you get this.

ct1.thumb.png.9bd8e3efc851f709c097a86842001283.png

• Like 1

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefAKBuilder
    Newest Member
    ChiefAKBuilder

• By NellyCA
      Hello, 
      I would love to engage the services of a CA user, ideally in my present location of La Mesa, CA (so I can look over your shoulder)! it is a relatively simple, rectangular layout). I need to describe my exsisting house and, if time permits, apply a couple of my ideas for renovation (I lack the technical skill set at this point to carry out a few simple changes I would like to make). It would be great to get some help with landcaping, too, if time permits. 

• By DMDesigns
      Hey Guys,

I just wanted to let you know I have New FREE Video, and Symbol for all Chief Users out there.

I call it the    FREE SKYLIGHT @ ChiefTutor.com :      http://www.chieftutor.net/skylight.html

Enjoy -
      Dave

• By AgChief
      I've racked my brain trying to figure out why my skylight won't show a shaft to the ceiling on my first floor master bath.  After placing a successful test skylight on the second floor, it occurred to me that the roof plane I was inserting the skylight into was generated from the first floor, but to draw a proper roof plan I have to display that roof plane on the 2nd floor.  I moved the roof plane to display on the first floor and BOOM it creates the skylight shaft correctly.  Tile the plan window and the section window and you can see what Chief does when you change the display floor.

Anyone else have this problem and created a solution, or is this a bug?  I'm leaning toward bug since the skylight shows correctly on all views, just doesn't create the shaft when the only thing different is the floor on which it's displayed.

Thanks!
      Skylight_problem.plan

• By gkc_design
      Any one out there have any suggestions how to replicate this skylight?  It is actually a large light well (14'x10') with a grid system system below.  This is just for rendering purposes.
      Thanks in advance.