Extra newel posts appear at end of railing

Terry121

I have been working on this plan that has a porch. The porch has an open rail with 6 x 6 posts to a 6 x 16 beam overhead. It is 20' long. I set the newel spacing to 120" and checked "no half-post at wall. Everything worked as I wanted, a post midway, a post at the open corner, no half-post where the railing joined the wall.

Later, when I went back to do some revisions I noticed that there were two additional posts added at the end of the rail where it joins the wall. This shows up in plan and in camera views. I double checked the settings, tried changing the newel spacing, un-checked and re-checked the half-post toggle, etc and couldn't get rid of them. Also deleted and re-drew the wall from scratch but they are still there.

Screenshots show them at the left end of the wall. This particular shot is with the newel spacing at 280" so there is no mid-post  shown. Any thoughts on what might be causing this?

Porch newel.png

Porch view.png

Thanks Eric, I was having difficulty getting the auto roof returns to generate at the right height. Didn't think it was going to affect the railings though. I drew the returns manually and everything is properly working now.

Thanks again!