2019 EXTERIOR OUTDOOR DESIGN COMPETITION

MG Construction & Decks is looking to hire an architect or construction designer for exterior remodeling. We are running a contest to hire one talented individual to join our team. We want this competition to be fair. Selecting a winner is simple, we will submit everyone’s work to our Instagram account, whoever gets the most likes on their design will win $1,000 and an internship to work for us part time or full time (depending on the quality of ongoing work). The winner will be able to work remotely and/or have an opportunity to come work at our Los Angeles office.

CONTENDERS – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

We are providing limited information for the contest itself because we want to see how creative you can be.

Create a 3D design that fits the following backyard image and email us (Email Subject: Contest Submission – Your Name) by clicking here.

CLOSING DATE & ANNOUNCEMENTS

All submissions must be submitted by February 15th and the winner will be announced Febuary 15th on our Instagram account.

MG Construction & Decks is located in Los Angeles, California and specializes in exterior remodeling, interior remodeling and Deck Building.

https://mgcdecks.com/deckbuilding/2019-exterior-outdoor-deck-design-competition/

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Rander
    Newest Member
    Rander

• By Pav-Arch
      We're hiring for a Full-Time Architectural position for residential remodeling & new construction using Chief Architect in Downton Chicago & surrounding Chicagoland Suburbs. It's still difficult to find people with Chief Architect experience; so I thought this forum may be a good place to look. See job posting link below:

https://www.indeed.com/job/architect-residentialdrafting-design-39fd1d37e5b4fefb
      Job details
      Salary $50,000 - $70,000 a year Job Type Full-time   Full Job Description
      Looking for immediate architectural assistance with drafting architectural plans for obtaining building permits on primarily residential remodeling and new-construction projects throughout the City of Chicago and surrounding Chicagoland.
      Drawings will be developed using the Chief Architect Software.

Job Duties will include:
      - Taking field measurements and photographs of existing conditions
      - Drafting & development of existing, demolition, and proposed floor plans using Chief Architect
      - Drafting & Development of Exterior and Interior Elevations
      - Basic level drafting and design for Structural and MEP Systems
      - Updating drawings from redlines provided by Lead Architect's Review

Requirements for Qualified Candidates:
      - Verifiable Experience using the Chief Architect software & ability to provide samples of work using the program.
      - 2+ years experience with residential remodeling/construction in a professional setting.
      - Ability to visit project sites in-person to perform field measures for existing conditions.
      - General knowledge/understanding of local building codes
      - Organized, reliable, detail orientated, and good communication skills
      - Ability to commit to deadlines

Preferred Attributes for Candidates:
      - Experience using the Chief Architect software in a professional setting.
      - Completed college degree in Architecture
      - Completion of formal Chief Architect training program
      This position provides a flexible work environment allowing you to have flexible hours, the future potential to work remotely (with the exception of site visits) and also has a lot of room for potential growth within the company!
      This position will qualify to provide AXP hours to be used towards Licensing through the NCARB program.

Please provide a copy of your resume, contact phone number, email address, and samples of work.

Job Type: Full-time
      Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year

Benefits:
      401(k) Flexible schedule Paid time off  
      Supplemental Pay:
      Bonus pay Commission pay  

Education:
      Bachelor's (Preferred)  
      Experience:
      Residential Architecture: 2+ years Chief Architect: 1+ year (Preferred)  
      Please email: info@pav-arch.com with your resume and work samples if you are interested in the position.

• By DMoore56
      Looking for freelance drafter to create presentation drawings and do permit plans.
    • By Alaskachris
      I am looking for someone to draft a complete set of plans for my small 1 1/2 story house. I have Chief Architect Home Designer Pro and the plans are already drawn up. The only thing that needs a little help is the roof (11/12 pitch) with a dormer (6/12 pitch). I'll need elevation plans, floor plan, foundation plan, floor framing plan, roof framing plan, wall cross-section, electrical plans that I've already done. I can't attach the Chief Architect File because it's too big but these will give you an idea of the project. Could you quote me a price and timeline?

Warren Street Home fl. 2.pdf
      Warren Street Home.pdf
    • By ChiefWhataChuck
      Looking to partner with an Architect in the Maryland area to complete a custom home design and bring it to permit in Howard County Maryland
    • By TeamVilla
      Are there cloud services that work together with a software like autocad? I'm searching for a service where I can subscribe to store data (projects) in autocad (or similar), so other professionals can work on the same project via the cloud and the employer can see the progress.