Carey Bros,. Remodeling, a San Francisco Bay Area based Design-Build Remodeling Contractor for over four decades, is seeking a draftsperson and design professional. Individual must be proficient in Chief Architect and have the skill to create as-built drawings using measurements and sketches provided by Carey Bros. Kitchen, bathroom, and space planning experience a plus. All services to be provided off-site. Please provide resume and product examples. james@careybros.com. www.careybros.com.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    snakes911
    Newest Member
    snakes911

• By ChiefGregUser
      Hi,

I have developed some plans in X12 premier for an 1800 ft^2 garage / workshop (~30'x647') that is attached to my existing house via a Porte-cochère.

I have submitted it to the HOA, showing both the existing house and the additional building and it has been accepted.

I created a plan of the original house and my vision of the additional new construction (garage/workshop).

I haven't added the framing/electrical/plumbing yet, but would possibly like to use some of the 'perfect wall' designs that I saw Matt Risinger presents on his build show.
      Of course need to weight this against cost.

Also, I need to be able to pull permits with the plans that I receive.  Want to get an official sign off from the person who perfects these plans.

The city does not require a licensed architect, but I would like to have one anyways.  

Generally people use post tension slab on grade in my area.  If the person I engage is not a structural engineer, I may need to enlist a second person to do the foundation design.

The design is 1.5 stories.

Thanks,

Greg Baty

• By alexpwalsh
      Whenever I try to do a virtual walk through, I get these random flashes of interior wall and roof layers coming through. It happens with both interior and exterior walk throughts. It looks horrible, see the attached example. I've tried turning off all sorts of layers in the camera view - nothing seems to help and I can't find anyone else mentioning this on here so I figure it must be a setting on my end. Also have tried playing with frame rates and rendering options to no avail. Any ideas?

Version: X12 Premier Student

ext_walkthrough5.wmv
    • By BernieB
      I currently have a remodel to an existing home. I am a General Contractor. I need someone to take some PDF's and DWG's and turn them into an existing plan, plus add to it the proposed remodel. Needs to be ready for submittal to Kootenai County, ID for permitting. I can send you plans for review. I would like to reach a flat rate fee plus an hourly for revisions if necessary. I am working in CA X12 and would like them in that format for ease of transfer. Please give me your availability as I am looking for someone to start very soon. Thank you.
      House plans, original.pdf
    • By MikeCSD
      Hello, I am the owner of Custom Structure Designs and a practicing, licensed, municipal Building Official with the State of Connecticut. Contact us if you are looking for design services for your project. We are also available for code consulting on residential and commercial projects.

Custom Structure Designs
      Michael Roraback
      Manchester, CT
      860-682-4740
    • By Quickchevys
      So I learned this software(somewhat) and designed a house for my family about 6 years ago and the plan is now in motion to build the house. I have since forgot how to do all of the editing of the house and need a few tweaks done as well as the roof properly done since I never was able to understand how to get that part right. I also know that some walls, floors, and stairs were kind of just manipulated to be close enough to look ok in the camera view. So I would like someone that has more experience with the program to kind of go through my drawings and correct the things that need to be corrected and also get files for blueprints ready. I never could figure out that part either.