Carey Bros,. Remodeling, a San Francisco Bay Area based Design-Build Remodeling Contractor for over four decades, is seeking a draftsperson and design professional. Individual must be proficient in Chief Architect and have the skill to create as-built drawings using measurements and sketches provided by Carey Bros. Kitchen, bathroom, and space planning experience a plus. All services to be provided off-site. Please provide resume and product examples. james@careybros.com. www.careybros.com.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    behrsbuildings
    Newest Member
    behrsbuildings

• By Sunnyfields
      I am doing a remodel and have created a separate existing building file and am using it as an underlay to show where walls are being removed: 
      BUT, when I export the views to layout, they all default to the last view I export. Here I export the first floor:

So far so good. Here are the settings:

Then it all goes awry. This is what happens when I export the second floor:

And now the third...

This only happens with this one plan. Could using the plan reference be messing things up? Has anyone seen this before? 

Chief Premier X12
      Intel Core i9-10885H CPU @ 2.40GHz
      64.0 GB RAM
      64 Bit OS x64 based processor
      Windows 10 Pro

• By Steveworks
      We're a residential remodeling company outside Boston MA.  Looking for part-time Chief Architect drafting help: primarily with existing conditions (from Matterport scans or My Measures), framing, and design details. Sustainable building Remote work is fine; we can meet via Zoom as needed. Email Tova@steveworks.com if interested.
    • By Alaskachris
      I am looking for someone to draft a complete set of plans for my small 1 1/2 story house. I have Chief Architect Home Designer Pro and the plans are already drawn up. The only thing that needs a little help is the roof (11/12 pitch) with a dormer (6/12 pitch). I'll need elevation plans, floor plan, foundation plan, floor framing plan, roof framing plan, wall cross-section, electrical plans that I've already done. I can't attach the Chief Architect File because it's too big but these will give you an idea of the project. Could you quote me a price and timeline?

Warren Street Home fl. 2.pdf
      Warren Street Home.pdf
    • By NCDCHIEFID
      Calgary Alberta Canada, residential design firm. New Century Design is seeking an experienced Architectural Technologist with Chief Architect experience at intermediate level or above. Our small design firm handles 60 - 70 projects a year from Single Family up to 6-7 unit Townhouses. Experience with Development Permit Applications and Land Use Re-designations is important. Structural and technical skills with the Alberta Building Code and Energy code are a must. and Lumion 3D Rendering a bonus.
      Send email with qualifications list and recent project samples (preferably Chief 3D ). to shawn@newcenturydesign.ca. 
      Must be able to work in our Studio in Inglewood. No remote applicants will be considered.

• By ChiefGregUser
      Hi,

I have developed some plans in X12 premier for an 1800 ft^2 garage / workshop (~30'x647') that is attached to my existing house via a Porte-cochère.

I have submitted it to the HOA, showing both the existing house and the additional building and it has been accepted.

I created a plan of the original house and my vision of the additional new construction (garage/workshop).

I haven't added the framing/electrical/plumbing yet, but would possibly like to use some of the 'perfect wall' designs that I saw Matt Risinger presents on his build show.
      Of course need to weight this against cost.

Also, I need to be able to pull permits with the plans that I receive.  Want to get an official sign off from the person who perfects these plans.

The city does not require a licensed architect, but I would like to have one anyways.  

Generally people use post tension slab on grade in my area.  If the person I engage is not a structural engineer, I may need to enlist a second person to do the foundation design.

The design is 1.5 stories.

Thanks,

Greg Baty