Sign in to follow this  
DeckQuestions

Materials list not listing deck planks

I'm trying to get a materials list going for decks, but the deck plank materials aren't being factored into Calculate Materials in Area/Room.

It does work when I Calculate Materials for All Floors or select the planks individually and use Calculate Materials from Selection. I also recently discovered that it works if I calculate in area from a floor above where the planks are, even when nothing is visible on that floor of the plan.

How can I remedy this? 

Have you reviewed the Help on Materials List?

I used a Materials List Polyline here, but Calculate From Area also worked.

ct1.thumb.png.1a3123049d058cdd6f695d67c11e7c0f.png

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heidimm
    Newest Member
    heidimm

• By CHROMATICGA17
      Need to set default pricing for product/materials to use as default template. This way generating my materials list will be quicker.  I do not want to enter vendor specific pricing.  I want to enter labor pricing for specific materials.  I want this to default to my setting per item/sf/etc. each time i choose that template to start a plan. 

I hope this question makes sense.  Please help.
    • By DeckQuestions
      I just need the number of planks that have been collapsed in a row, not the total square feet. I feel like there's probably an easy way to do this, but I don't know what it is.

Thanks. 
    • By Slamnation
      Is it possible to change the Wall Board (Drywall) size from the default size of 4x8 to 4x12 when CA calculates the materials list?
    • By CARMELHILL
      I am looking for a video I watched a while back that explained how ther Master List worked and what the reason was for the Default column and it's check boxes. Anyone know where this is? Chief streamlined their videos and got rid of MANY of the older videos. Now they are all organized by 28 topics here:
      https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/
      but a few years ago a simple "Materials List" search would have yielded 50 videos. Now they only have 4, these:model home demonstrations 
      https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/playlists/104/24-materials-lists.html
      None of these videos explain what the Default checkbox option inside the Master List is for. I remember it gave you the option of different master list prices for the same item.

It might have been a materials and budget demonstration that was part of one of their model home demonstrations, or a marketing video. So I might be screwed and out of luck.

• By nitesmare
      Materials list question.  I'm using CA9.  How do I make a materials list that shows what to actually buy? I've tried editing the structural member reporting to either the cut or the buy list but then when I populate the material list it only says for an interior wall that is 84 1/2 high that I need a count of 14.  14 what?  I need a list that says something like I need 14 2x4's.  How do I create that?