Nitric81

How do I create columns the full hight of the house...

How can I create these surrounding decks with columns the full hight of the house inside the railing as shown in the pictures here?

920x920.jpg

5c6b3b5879151.image.jpg?resize=1200,798

Are you asking about creating the decks (balcony) or just the columns?

You will need to place the columns manually.

8 minutes ago, solver said:

You will need to place the columns manually.

But how do I make them go through the deck like in the picture?

Place on the lower floor, then increase the height.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CAJNENT
    Newest Member
    CAJNENT

• By Designer100
      The attached pergolia remodeling I am trying to copy and paste stone column, with cap and 8" wood posts to another plan of same buliding of site plan. I even blocked the column and it only pastes the stone base , not the cap nor the 8 in posts. I would also like to
      past the pergolia framing etc. to the new plan. but mainly the full columns now. any suggestions. 
      Pergola.zip
      site plan.zip

• By OnlineBuilder
      I want my decks to look like the decking runs down the side 2-3 planks. At the moment I am doing it manually each time, but it is having a glitch. 

What do they call this side part in CA (some US names are different to Australian). Does anyone know how I would set this up?

Im using X8

• By EdEmery12
      I designed a custom column and need to use it in the railing on a deck/screened in porch but a can not find it.   The program Chief 10x will not let me open user catalog only 
      the core catalog, bonus and manufacture.  is there a special way i need to save the column?  
    • By Summers
      I want to create basic detail notes and sheet notes which follow a letter or number outline.  For example:
      1.  Alphabetical sheetnotes are not referenced in the plan;
           Numeric sheetnotes are referenced in the plan."

The second line of text should indent flush with the first line of text.
      Can this basic set of notes be created in Chief (without importing a PDF from another program)?
      Also, is there any way to create columns of text?
      Thanks all.
      LS

• By Kenneth_Miller
      TO all,
      When I place a 10" column from the library into my plan, I can not dimension to the column framing, it dimensions to the base or capitol trim (+/- 2").

If I decrease the column size to take into account of the added trim then the elevations do not show correctly.

Same general question for handrails on a porch.  The dimension goes to the railing not the deck framing.

Thank everyone in advance.
      Columns and dimensioning.pdf