waltsyd

roof planes appearing on layout

I send a floor plan to layout, creating a new layer set. No roof planes show up. Perfect. But then sometime later, when I load the layout sheet, there are roof planes there. So I double click on the layout box to load the original drawing and there are NO ROOF PLANES THERE! So somehow on my layout sheet the roof planes show up but when I double click they are turned off on the original drawing in the plan. A couple of times I've re-created the layout page all over again and the problem goes away--for awhile. Unfortunately, one sheet I have has about six different layout boxes that all show the roof planes. When I click on any one of them, the original drawing shows with the proper layout layerset with the roof planes are not selected. I close that window and the layout sheet reappears WITH the roof planes.

I can recreate the sheet, but that means re-arranging all six layout boxes again and I'm just getting tired of doing this time and again. Not sure what else I can do. I'm still using X5 (just can't afford to upgrade).

I closed the layout and plan, re-opened, and the roof planes went away. Guess there's some odd bug in there.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Floriance
    Newest Member
    Floriance

• By MichaelaS
      I've created my layout templates, according to their sizes. Within the template everything looks great - everything fits within the sheet margins, the page size aligns with what I've titled each template to be, etc. However, when I go to send my drawing to my prefered layout the 'Drawing Sheet Setup' drawing sheet size is a different size. So when I change the setup sheet size to what I want then my entire layout is far too large and I need to scale everything back down. (the blue outline in the image below is my page outline 18x24)

• By Alyssa5
      Hi,
      I am using Chief Architect X8 on a Mac.
      I am having trouble with roof planes - I want to be able to change the baseline height but it keeps defaulting back and won't alter.
      Yet when I open the same file on another computer I can change it
      Any suggestions?

Thanks
    • By josiemlittle
      Hello, I’m needing help lowering the roof. I’m trying to make a 50x80x16 shop with the pitch lower than the default gable height. I’m new to this and I’m hoping this software will help build our dreams on our farm. I want the look of the attached photo with the front being the 80 ft side. 

• By amydutton
      How do I put a roof return on this roof? Can't find a video about it anywhere on the Chief Website... is there another name for it?

See attachment, and where I drew in black.