I am an amateur residential architectural designer and have been using Chief Architect for over 8 years for recreational purposes only. I have a very good understanding of the software and have created 8 different homes, all of which are between 80-85% complete as well as individual rooms. I have attached several renderings within a ZIP file.
I have a basic understanding of architectural drafting with some knowledge of building codes, floor plan layout, elevations, dimensions, etc.
In addition to Chief Architect, I have over 20 years experience with Microstation V8i SS3 which I use allot in creating various items that are imported into CA. I have also begun learning how to use Twinmotion rending software which you will see within the attachment.
If anyone needs assistance with ongoing projects such as minor corrections, renderings, etc., please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you.
Hi there. I am the recruiter at Neil Kelly, and we need an interior designer proficient in Chief Architect!
To learn more, please review and apply for the job here.
Residential Drafter/Permit Specialist
***We prefer to hire an in-house drafter; however, we are open to discussions about having a remote drafter.***
TraVek, Inc is a design-build whole home improvement company, which means we take a project from design to completion. We have been one of the top residential remodeling firms in the valley since 2001 and specialize in remodeling and additions, as well as the handyman. As a family-owned and operated company, customer satisfaction, and relationship building are extremely valuable to us and we look to grow our team with top-notch service-oriented people. TraVek encourages employee engagement through our employee rewards and referral programs, as well as by offering increasing responsibility through career advancement. We are a leader in the industry with our outstanding benefits program, offering full-time employees medical, dental, disability, and much more!
TraVek is looking to hire a Residential Drafter/Permit Specialist with CHIEF ARCHITECT Capabilities to add to the team! The primary role of the Residential Drafter/Permit Specialist will be to lead the drafting initiative on all projects requiring drafting and build relationships with city municipalities to obtain permits.
Ongoing training and personal development opportunities are available to grow your skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Meeting with Sales & Design Associate once a job has been sold to confirm the scope of the project
* Maintain organization system of jobs for follow up and auditing purposes;
* Analyze basic plans from design associated and construct plans to be approved by the cities as timely as possible;
* Utilize AutoCAD and/or Chief Architect for drafting;
* Responsible for requesting and receiving permits for all applicable projects within the required timeline established;
* Identify and connect with leaders of city municipalities to build relationships and streamline permitting process;
* Create systems to maximize efficiencies to include time and cost savings
Required Knowledge & Skills:
* Innate values of and belief in TraVek core values of Respect, Integrity, and Initiative
* Must have drawing/drafting experience with CAD and/or Chief Architect;
* Must have a full understanding of City/Municipality permitting process;
* Must have direct experience obtaining permits from Arizona cities/municipalities;
* Must have a good understanding of local building codes;
* Attention to detail required as well as an open mind to process improvement;
* Strong organizational skills;
* Analytic mindset and ability to think outside of the box;
* Experience with Google Drive preferred, not required
Education & Experience Required
* 3+ years experience in residential drafting
* CAD experience required, Chief Architect drafting experience preferred
* High school diploma required
* Office and field
* Must be able to work from TraVek office
* In-House drafter is preferred, however, Working remotely is a consideration
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly sit, stand, walk, talk or hear and use hands to finger, feel and handle; frequently reach with hands and arms; occasionally climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must frequently lift and or move 10 pounds and occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
TraVek, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Experience Required
Name: Alex Raisanen
I am an interior designer in the Washington DC metro area who uses Chief Architect to create furniture layouts and communicate designs for clients. I'm looking to hire an experienced Chief Architect user who can efficiently measure residential spaces and create construction drawings that I could then add furniture and finishes to.
I believe there is a way to import AutoCAD into Chief. If that is the case, the drafter could create the construction drawings in AutoCAD. If interested, please contact me at 301.646.1320 or email@example.com Thank you!
Calgary Alberta Canada, residential design firm. New Century Design is seeking an experienced Architectural Technologist with Chief Architect experience at intermediate level or above. Our small design firm handles 60 - 70 projects a year from Single Family up to 6-7 unit Townhouses. Experience with Development Permit Applications and Land Use Re-designations is important. Structural and technical skills with the Alberta Building Code and Energy code are a must. and Lumion 3D Rendering a bonus.
Send email with qualifications list and recent project samples (preferably Chief 3D ). to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be able to work in our Studio in Inglewood. No remote applicants will be considered.