CarpenterCurt

Stairway wall question

This may end up being simple but it is vexing me right now.  I am doing a design where the stairway going to the second floor cuts through the master bedroom walk in closet.  Of course I want it open under the stairs, that part is easy, just toggle that on in the specifications.  How do I have a wall go from the stairway up to the second floor landing yet not appear below the stairs?  I have searched for an example of this in the support videos but have not seen anything.  My guess is this cannot be a very complex issue, it just escapes me as a relatively new user.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chief X10. Thanks.

An image will help others understand, but have you tried selecting a wall in elevation and reshaping as needed.

Eric,

No, I have not tried to do something so simple as just resize the wall in the elevation....(smack forehead with palm)   I figured it would be something simple that escaped me.  Thanks I will do that!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    sarabaayt
    Newest Member
    sarabaayt

• By stevenyhof
      I'm making an electrical plan and trying to figure out how to add my electrical line to my light fixture over the stairs - shown on the main floor. So I have a 2 way switch at the bottom and top of the stairs.
    • By stevenyhof
      I was messing around with my template wanting to get some more things in place for my stairs and defaults. I ran into this before and just moved on, but now I am drawing homes using Chief and need to find a way to angle or follow the stairs with a halfwall. Thank you
      SND_D_Residential Template.plan

• By stevenyhof
      I have watched the video of ChiefSkills by Steve Nestor, "DORMERS - Auto and Manual Types"
      Trying to use the idea there to cut my walls out of the living space. I think you called it "Cheek Walls".
      See the real picture and the angled ceiling. That is what I am trying to do.
      Any thoughts?

SND1823 Klinke Residence.plan

• By Designer100
      1) Finished floor for this existing building is 36". The driveway in back is level with finish floor also. I cannot get the landscape all around to fill in under building and driveway. The drive slopes up to flat across as much as I have flat. The exist. H.C. ramp goes into a concrete porch. This is as-built plan and then I will design a restaurant on the first floor. 
      2) I cannot get u shaped stairs to work and land on the 2nd floor by the entry door.

I would appreciate any help in accomplishing what i need to do.

Thanks,

Newell 
      Moheb Building.plan

• By hamedDesighn
      How to fix wall length Or lock the wall dimention so they don't change .
      i would be thankful if somebody help .