Stairway wall question

CarpenterCurt

This may end up being simple but it is vexing me right now.  I am doing a design where the stairway going to the second floor cuts through the master bedroom walk in closet.  Of course I want it open under the stairs, that part is easy, just toggle that on in the specifications.  How do I have a wall go from the stairway up to the second floor landing yet not appear below the stairs?  I have searched for an example of this in the support videos but have not seen anything.  My guess is this cannot be a very complex issue, it just escapes me as a relatively new user.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Chief X10. Thanks.

Eric,

No, I have not tried to do something so simple as just resize the wall in the elevation....(smack forehead with palm)   I figured it would be something simple that escaped me.  Thanks I will do that!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EmersonGraceD
    Newest Member
    EmersonGraceD

• By DRyeHD
      I've tried all dbx setting combinations I can think of, looked through the discussion topics, and on the FB user group - can't find a solution to get my balusters to go down to the stair treads.  I see a few pictures of this type of application but can't figure out how to do it.  I turned the auto-rail off and am using the railing tool.  Any help with this is appreciated.

• By BenPalmer
      about a year ago, with an X12 updates, thick wall connections (anything over 8" thick) became unstable...especially when 3 walls intersect.

I'm attaching an X12 plan that demonstrates several issues I'm having.  Curious if others see the same behavior.  notes within the plan describing the behaviors

I realize that layered walls will likely fix much of this but I do not like layered walls....they have a whole set of issues that I don't want to get into the pros and cons.  again, this worked fine before, but broke with an X12 update and is still broken in X13 beta.

Appreciate everyone's input.
      wallConnectionProblems.plan
    • By KDsnyder
      I have a building which has a staircase outside of the structure that I'd like to display on the second floor plan. Is there a way to do this without creating walls under the stairs or encasing the area with invisible walls? Thanks!
    • By HCremodel
      I have needed tom place stairs that go through a doorway on multiple occasions, and every time I try it would seem the program glitches and usually breaks the wall or the doorway so you can see the structural materials. The best solution I have found was placing two staircases on either side of the opening, but even that solution isn't perfect. Has anyone found a solution to this?? Am I doing something wrong? I feel like it's pretty common for stairs to go through openings, so it would seem odd to me if chief would not have an option for that.... I attached a picture of what I am encountering. I am using premier x13 beta, but this was also a problem in x12 

• By Makerer
      I changed the defaults for the Glass Pony Wall and I would now like to change them back to their original defaults, but I don't recall the original settings. Is there an easy way to do this?