Text Is Not On Relavent Layer

windjammer

New user trying Chief for permit drawings.  For ceiling plan (electrical set) I want only the ceiling related notes, but ALL text goes on text layer.  How do I tell Chief that when I'm working in electrical set, I want the text I write to be on electrical layer? 

The use of annotation sets is probably what you need to consider. CA ships with several annotation sets already set up, one being Electrical Annotations. Its layer set is specified as the Electrical Set. All of the annotation properties are specified to be on the Text, Electrical layer. So by switching to the Electrical Annotations all your text will be on the Text, Electrical layer. You can easily create a different layer, such as Text, Ceiling Electrical, and have that be specified instead for the annotation properties. Or you could create a different annotation set. Annotation sets are a great tool. You could also just change to a different default layer in the text default dialogs, but you would have to do that everytime you wanted text to be on a different layer. To me it is so much easier just to change to a different annotation set.