Lee2m4

ranch style house with attached garage

My name is Lee and I am new to this program. I am trying to recreate my house to show my wife the upgrades we can do. My house is a ranch style house with a garage sunken below the house. If you come up the steps from the garage you open the door and there is a landing, turn left and your on the main floor, or go up 4 more steps your in the master bed room above the garage. I can't seem to find any videos on how to create this. I have the rest of the house finished I'm just stuck on this part. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thank you

2 minutes ago, Lee2m4 said:

I am new to this program

Which program? Chief X9 etc.

3 minutes ago, Lee2m4 said:

I can't seem to find any videos on how to create this.

Create what? The stairs?

Home designer pro 2018. I need to build the whole room but it won't let me put the garage below the foundation and raise the level above the garage

You have found the forum for the Chief Architect branded products.

Home Designer users have their own forum, HomeTalk, where you will find suggestions based on your software.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

Start a new topic there with a good description of what you are trying to do, post images of your house -- the actual house, and post your plan file -- the actual plan file, not images of the plan.

Me or someone else will take a look.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Oilersfan20
    Newest Member
    Oilersfan20

• By ChiefBenbow
      I have an attached garage with a breezeway/deck.  I am trying to reduce the size of the breezeway, but it keeps moving only the bottom floor of the house or the garage.  Any ideas?
    • By ChiefArchitect
      Off the kitchen, near the back door, is a flex room space. This room could be used as a formal dining space, an extra bedroom, an office, or in this case a media room. Residents can work with the team to design a space that fits their lifestyle best.
    • By Kansaschief
      Hello!
      I'm seeking a designer to complete my new construction house design.  I rented Chief software over the winter so I could help my wife visualize the house we are budgeting for.  I am very happy with my results, but Spring is here and I'm too busy to finish.  I'd like a professional to complete the problematic areas and maybe add some curb-appeal. Aside from making myself comfortable with the design of the house, my end-goal would be to develop a plan from which I can perform some take-offs and render a framing plan to take to a truss company and a local framer.  I am very reasonable to work with. I need a verbal quote on the to-do list.  Wish-list will depend on remaining budget. 

To-do!
      -Add high 14' ceiling in the living area. The roof raises when I add ceiling.
      -Add high windows in living areas.  Clean up all windows (size, height).  I'm pretty window-design stupid. 
      -Clean-up wall heights, floor thicknesses. 
      -Add columns at porches.
      -Add veneer to front of house and columns.
      -Exterior design- dormers, siding, roof options or maybe some craftsman-style details. Maybe an accent wall section on the outside of the pantry area.

Wish-List!
      -Provide some design options for cabinets.
      -Hydronic floor heat in an elevated concrete main floor. If anybody has experience with designing these systems that would be a bonus.  (this has it's own design budget)
      -Add split-level sunroom on south end. 
      -Value-added design ideas are very welcome. 
      -Basement bedroom egress design.
      -Maybe add underslab plumbing, maybe electrical.

Thanks for reading.  Le me know if you are interested or if you have questions.  I might want to follow up with a phone call. 

Home_Design_20180312.plan

• By korycmorgan
      Looking for a draft-personal to use chief architect to lay out a 6 lot 13 acre Ranch subdivision with roads, Paddocks, Barn, outbuildings, solar farm, greenhouses and 4 SFR lots using Chief Architect for basic design of Plot plan and Elevations