I am working on a living room/kitchen where I have added a cathedral ceiling and exposed beams.  I wanted to make the walls higher since the beams can't go above the wall height.  After I adjusted my walls to 12' the molding stayed at the default wall height.  How can I move the molding to match the new wall height?

Cathedral Ceiling Help.JPG

Several ways. Here's one. Increase the default offset to match your new wall height.

ct1.thumb.jpg.169c9aae1348e2c45060aa84f76dbf5a.jpg

Also a good idea to fill out your signature (see mine for an example) by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

• Upvote 1

Thank you Solver, exactly what I needed.  I will fill out the signature, I am still new to the program, but loving it.  Thanks again

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ChiefCarey
    Newest Member
    ChiefCarey

• By TKInteriors
      Hi there,

I created a custom molding using polylines then created "Molding" symbol.

It wraps fine on the inside corners but doesn't connect at the outside corner.

See attached. And thanks in advance for the help.

Kind regards, Tamela

• By mborean
      Happy quarantine everybody!

I know it is there some where, but can't find how to change the ceiling heights for all the rooms on a floor at once.   Working on a project an the client removed a bearing wall on the first floor, which changed the second floor framing from 11 7/8" to 14".  This messed up the first floor ceiling height.  To correct this, I had to go into each room on the second floor and edit the ceiling height above absolute.  I am confident there is an easier way, but searched for 15min (I know short attention span) and couldn't find the answer.

Hope everyone is and stays healthy,
      Mike 
    • By stanlee92218
      Let me start off by saying I am NOT an architect of any sort. My husband and I are building a house and I keep changing the floor plans. I cannot visualize anything on paper and we don't have anyone in our area that does these 3D renderings. I downloaded the trial to give it a shot myself and play around with changes before sending them to our architect. I watched a webinar the other week and I have watched video after video. However, I still cannot get the roof as I need it. I can't get it all connecting with the gable ends on the left and right ends of the house. I haven't been able to figure out how to add the additional window on the 2nd floor in the middle of the house. I know this is a rough sketch and its not all exactly the way our floor plans are, I am just trying to figure out how to get the exterior (mainly the roof) to work out as I have so far had good luck with all of the interior work. Any help and tips are greatly appreciated. 

on our main floor, we have 9' ceilings, cathedral ceiling in the great room that is open above, and 8' ceilings upstairs. 

• By SNestor
      Is there anything I can do to either reduce or eliminate the lines the column moldings are producing in vector view?  I did convert the curve to a polyline...and divided the circle into very small parts...but it doesn't seem to help.  

Any ideas would by great.  Thanks.

Here's a couple pics...a sample plan is attached also. (Column Molding in Vector View.plan)

• By rockywaves
      I need advice on how to create a cathedral ceiling for a great room that has one exterior wall and three interior walls.  The external wall that faces the back patio I want the patio roof to be a gable roof with no flat ceiling.  I want a cathedral ceiling in the great room, but I want the cathedral structure to run 90 degrees perpendicular to the patio cathedral ceiling.  I have have searched the chief talk forum and looked for Youtube videos for solutions, but can't find anything which helps me.  I'm attaching a basic floor plan which illustrates what I see when in the great room with a camera view.
      Great room cathedral ceiling CA question.plan