MarkChief

Need a coach

I'm looking for a good coach.   Right now I'm struggling with some roof plane problems (see attached images).  I have PRO and will consider an upgrade to Premier.   I'm designing my own home which as some constraints because it's a barn conversion (partially done physically) and an addition.   I'm not sure how far I'll take these plans.  I'd like to go all the way to construction drawings but, if this gets too difficult I will turn the drafting over to a professional at some point.  It depends on how far I can advance, with some help, in Chief Architect.   I live in Oregon.   Home number:  541-708-0428.  

join_1.png

join_2.png

join_3.png

You may already know this, but ...

You have found the forum for the Chief Architect branded products.

Home Designer users have their own forum, HomeTalk, where you will find suggestions based on your software.

https://hometalk.chiefarchitect.com/

-----

Posting the plan file and images of the existing structure will help others help you.

Consider this (just guessing without more info). The roof planes A, B and C should be drawn as a single plane.

Pro and Premier have the same roof tools, so no need to upgrade just for the roof.

ct1.thumb.jpg.bfea85ce123fe25387a6a8ee71f7f904.jpg

• Upvote 1

Gary,  I had the wrong time in my head for the other appointment.  I will be here and available at 2:30 Pacific and later.   Don't see your email yet.  

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Elliot
    Newest Member
    Elliot

• By tlconstruct
      Hi guys, I'm new here and pretty new to Chief Architect. I have Home Designer Suite 2020, not the Premier version. I'm a graphic designer, just working up plans for a builder to show his concepts to clients. I'm having problems with a shed roof. I've looked up a bunch of videos and steps on how to do it, but it's not coming out quite right. I'll attach images.

I have the 2nd floor height set to 2 feet, because that seemed to be the only way to get the roof to go Shed. The front (high) wall of the 2nd floor needs to be about 10 ft tall, and the back wall needs to be 2-3 ft tall. I have the front wall marked as High Shed/Gable Wall, the back as a Knee Wall, and the two side walls as Full Gable. In the video I watched, the side walls automatically adjusted to fill in, and the high shed wall bumped up as well to the height it needed to be for the roof pitch (which I have set as 3" in 12). I just can't seem to figure out where I've gone wrong and would very much appreciate some advice!

• By jheath21
      I'm working on this project for a summer class.. I'm finished and was taking perspectives and a couple ray trace. I changed some of the settings in the ray chase for lights and such, and then I move to another part of the building and the ceiling is gone!! What did I do wrong? And how do I fix it?! Please help!!
      I attached a snap of the outside of the building...no ceiling in the center (also I know my glass panels extend above the ceiling don't judge me)

• By yusuf-333
      Tutoring Services
      If you are like many who join talks about chiefarchitect, you may think that Chiefarchitect is complicated and there is too much to learn. Ofcourse yes! Every thing has a learning curve. How ever you can shorten the time, if you are lucky to get coatchings from some one that knows well about the subject matter. My tutorials on mastering chiefarchitect are based on the amazing workflows that I have developed during the years I was using chiefarchitect. My workflow based tutoring service makes learning Chiefarchitect fun and easy –Believe me you will be up and running in no time! And remmember my workflow based tutoring packages will be simple, affordable and rewarding for you.

I would like to welcome you to my tutoring service once again. And I would like you know that sessions are provided online using Skype screen sharing. In addition to the that, We also provide  trainees a link to an exclusive video instructions based on trainee's specific requirements.
      Contact
      Email: yhservices999@gmail.com
      Price: $40 USD/Hour

Trainees will cover the following in a Very short time.
      Building Modeling, Exploring the Default and Preference settings, Working with chiefarchitect tools in General, Creating a Basic Floor Plan, Creating and Modifying Floor Levels, Working with Automatic and Manual Dimensions, Adding and Modifying Walls, Using Editing tools, Adding and Modifying Doors and Windows, Developing the Building Model, Adding Stairs and Railings, Automatic and Manual Roofs, Creating and Modifying Terrains, Working with Chief's Cad tools, Creating and importing(.SKP, DWG, DXF etc) Symbols, Loading Additional Building Components, Working with Framing Tools, Automatic and Manual Framing Techniques, Adding Library items, Managing Views, Controlling Object Visibility and Working with Layers, Creating and Modifying Section and Elevation Views, Creating and Modifying 3D Views, Placing Dimensions, Creating Callout Views, Working with Layouts, Working with Annotation sets, working with reference sets, Basics of Construction Documentation, Creating Schedules, Presenting the Building Model and Creating Renderings.

Watch the video bellow. That is how we do
      Thanks.

NB
      This is not by any means related to chief architect incorporation. 

• By Flach2
      I Just wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been in the building business for 25 plus years, mainly remodeling, (some new homes). Cabinet maker, finish carpenter, remodeler among other things. (I know how things go together!) Can communicate with Architects, builders & remodelers well. Have been certified in & using Chief since version 6. Have been working remotely all over the country for many years. I work fast & reasonably, usually from a matter of days to 2 weeks turn around time. Please see my work here: www.theprojectdesigners.com Plan examples & references available on request.   Thank You for Considering me, Tom Flachbart from The Project Designers   603 770 6078 tom@theprojectdesigners.com   Example_Plans.pdf

• By FerneKing
      Looking for a local person skilled in Chief Architect in Melbourne, Australia - can anyone help ?