Most OnlineNewest Member
In X12 I've noticed that when using Structural Member Reporting in a material list, the price column in the list does not appear to be sensitive to whether a "per unit" or "per length" calculation is being performed by the material list. In both cases, the material list appears to use the same Price variable in the Component Panel of each object. Does anyone know of some Ruby scripting that could be used to correct this? Off hand, I'm thinking of a macro inserted into the Price variable on the Component Panel of each structural member that would use the Material List row context to report a price that depends on how the row wants to use the Price.
OK, so today I learned that Legacy is just a fancy term for obsolete. See, I do know how to search
I have numerous macros, from others and some I wrote. Has there been any enhanced documentation regarding what "migrating" is going to do to my macros and what I can expect? Or how to fix issues? Is this going to put the brakes on my workflow? I know enough to write small macros for menial tasks, but I do not have an extended knowledge.
Or is this just not a big deal?
Hi guys, I'm new here and pretty new to Chief Architect. I have Home Designer Suite 2020, not the Premier version. I'm a graphic designer, just working up plans for a builder to show his concepts to clients. I'm having problems with a shed roof. I've looked up a bunch of videos and steps on how to do it, but it's not coming out quite right. I'll attach images.
I have the 2nd floor height set to 2 feet, because that seemed to be the only way to get the roof to go Shed. The front (high) wall of the 2nd floor needs to be about 10 ft tall, and the back wall needs to be 2-3 ft tall. I have the front wall marked as High Shed/Gable Wall, the back as a Knee Wall, and the two side walls as Full Gable. In the video I watched, the side walls automatically adjusted to fill in, and the high shed wall bumped up as well to the height it needed to be for the roof pitch (which I have set as 3" in 12). I just can't seem to figure out where I've gone wrong and would very much appreciate some advice!
I'm working on this project for a summer class.. I'm finished and was taking perspectives and a couple ray trace. I changed some of the settings in the ray chase for lights and such, and then I move to another part of the building and the ceiling is gone!! What did I do wrong? And how do I fix it?! Please help!!
I attached a snap of the outside of the building...no ceiling in the center (also I know my glass panels extend above the ceiling don't judge me)
I Just wanted to introduce myself. I’ve been in the building business for 25 plus years, mainly remodeling, (some new homes). Cabinet maker, finish carpenter, remodeler among other things. (I know how things go together!) Can communicate with Architects, builders & remodelers well. Have been certified in & using Chief since version 6. Have been working remotely all over the country for many years. I work fast & reasonably, usually from a matter of days to 2 weeks turn around time. Please see my work here: www.theprojectdesigners.com Plan examples & references available on request. Thank You for Considering me, Tom Flachbart from The Project Designers 603 770 6078 email@example.com Example_Plans.pdf