AgChief

Roof/ceiling planes cutting into dormer cheek walls

Ok, the next thing odd happening with this model:

The cheek walls on the dormers are being cut at the roof plane locations.  I suspect it's a problem with the two roof planes coming together at the gambrel pitch transition points, and being compounded by two ceiling planes below the roof planes created to 1) provide a 12" space for insulation and air gap between the roof decking and insulation; 2) provide gussets at the roof pitch transition where the support studs have been removed to open up the rooms.

Dormer problem.jpg

Dormer_cheek_wall_problem.plan

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Elliot
    Newest Member
    Elliot

• By JbeckWY
      My client decided that instead of a full 2 story he would like to do a 1 1/2. Is there any way  I can drop the roof without having to delete all roof planes and building again? I have multiple manual roof planes and do not want to lose those. 
    • By rockywaves
      I want to create a vaulted ceiling in my Great Room.  I want the Great Room ceiling planes to match (align) with the roof planes of the Main Patio.  I have tried multiple times, using the ceiling plane tool to create the vaulted ceiling in the Great Room and I get a messed up vaulted ceiling.  I must have a conflict with the roof planes over the Great Room, but I can't see them or know how to resolve the conflicts.   I have attached my plan file, and would appreciate someone looking at it, and advising me on what is wrong.
      New plan June 16.plan
    • By JosephPremo
      Good Morning,

I am looking to create auxiliary views of roof planes for creating 3D laser cut models to scale. We were able to cut the elevation views as well as the floor plan, however, we are struggling to find a solution to cutting the roof planes on more complex roof planes than the one I have attached. I am doing this with my high school architecture and construction class. We need the exact view of the roof plane in order to maintain its true dimensions. Is there a way to select an roof plane in orthographic projection and see its auxiliary view? In most solid modeling programs you are able to select a surface or plane and see its "normal" view. I have included two pictures of what I am looking to do which may help explain it better.

Thanks,

Joe

• By WoodlandDesign
      All,
      I need a little assistance with my soffit planes please.
      As shown in the attached pic, the soffits seem to be floating and are separated from where they should be located.  I must have checked a box in the roof defaults but can't find the source. 
      Related, I think is the fact that in 3D viewing the ceilings planes are non-present also.  I'm assuming they are a related problem but maybe not.
      Any input would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance for your help.
      -DG

• By tchomes
      I opened a plan in X9 this morning that I completed in X8 back in January.  To my suprise, the attic walls for the dormers are sticking above the roof and the windows in that area are messed up.  I have noticed this happening before with older plans that we use to modify.  I decided to take some time this morning and look through the forums and try to determine what is going on between X8 & X9.  We have so many more issues with X9 and attic walls and auto dormers.  Something apparently changed...

See photos below of what is appearing when I open the file in X9.  I can open in X8 and it appears correct.

I assume some simple setting that I need to fix when opening these older plans.  I appreciate the help so I can quit scratching my head and placing blame somewhere else