Sign in to follow this  
lgriao

Stair problems

Try to do a railing(Painels) over a stair with winders turned on. Is pathetic waste all the day looking for a workaround and see that you can't do that.

You use invisible wall to define the stair limit, so you use railing tool to make railing painels and turn on follow stair. You can't make your stair ignore the railing to define the limit of the winders.

People who made this tool probably do not use the software.

Extend Stringer Top is useless if this can't reach the ceiling.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    THDesign
    Newest Member
    THDesign

• By PPRGLLC
      I'm trying to change the material for the trim alongside my stairs independent of the riser material. I want the trim to match the baseboards in the rest of the house and the riser to match the tread. Is it possible to separate the trim and the riser material in the stair definition dialog?
    • By yusuf-333
      Tutoring Services
      If you are like many who join talks about chiefarchitect, you may think that Chiefarchitect is complicated and there is too much to learn. Ofcourse yes! Every thing has a learning curve. How ever you can shorten the time, if you are lucky to get coatchings from some one that knows well about the subject matter. My tutorials on mastering chiefarchitect are based on the amazing workflows that I have developed during the years I was using chiefarchitect. My workflow based tutoring service makes learning Chiefarchitect fun and easy –Believe me you will be up and running in no time! And remmember my workflow based tutoring packages will be simple, affordable and rewarding for you.

I would like to welcome you to my tutoring service once again. And I would like you know that sessions are provided online using Skype screen sharing. In addition to the that, We also provide  trainees a link to an exclusive video instructions based on trainee's specific requirements.
      Contact
      Email: yhservices999@gmail.com
      Price: $40 USD/Hour

Trainees will cover the following in a Very short time.
      Building Modeling, Exploring the Default and Preference settings, Working with chiefarchitect tools in General, Creating a Basic Floor Plan, Creating and Modifying Floor Levels, Working with Automatic and Manual Dimensions, Adding and Modifying Walls, Using Editing tools, Adding and Modifying Doors and Windows, Developing the Building Model, Adding Stairs and Railings, Automatic and Manual Roofs, Creating and Modifying Terrains, Working with Chief's Cad tools, Creating and importing(.SKP, DWG, DXF etc) Symbols, Loading Additional Building Components, Working with Framing Tools, Automatic and Manual Framing Techniques, Adding Library items, Managing Views, Controlling Object Visibility and Working with Layers, Creating and Modifying Section and Elevation Views, Creating and Modifying 3D Views, Placing Dimensions, Creating Callout Views, Working with Layouts, Working with Annotation sets, working with reference sets, Basics of Construction Documentation, Creating Schedules, Presenting the Building Model and Creating Renderings.

Watch the video bellow. That is how we do
      Thanks.

NB
      This is not by any means related to chief architect incorporation. 

• By Aamir77
      Hi
      How to make this kind of enclosure where a wall goes to the top of the ceiling but the understair place remains open. Urgent help will be highly appreciated, 
    • By Doug_N
      So here I am trying to make some winder stairs.  I create the stairs, move them into a corner, turn off the railings and click on the stairs to open them, then click on the winder check mark.  Nothing happens.  What am I doing wrong?    
      Renovation Plan Original House.plan
    • By 40mstew
      On the floor #1 I have a straight stairway with a winder entry and winder exit onto the 2nd floor. I create the stairs the exact same way the tutorial does it, click on winders and it remains rounded corners. What am I doing wrong. 
      Stewart_February_2018_latest_version_3-13-18_auto_save.plan.zip