Foundation masonry wall w/ parge outer layer overlays wall above

BlairDrafting

Has anyone seen this before? I've made a block foundation below a typical framed + brick wall. I like to show a layer of concrete on the exterior of the brick to show parging, but the parge layer overlays the wall above. It seems like this is a bug in the software, but I wanted to reach out to the community for some info before I submit to Chief Support.

image.png

D-23-106 - PEARSON - JULY 2023.plan

2 hours ago, solver said:

I imagine your parging is part of the Main layer. If so, move it to the Exterior layer and rebuild the foundation.

I wish the solution was that simple. Here's a picture of the parging layer set to the exterior layers section of the wall assembly. The parge layer still goes right up to the roof, but now it completely covers the main floor wall.

image.png

Thanks for looking into this Eric. I went through the same process and didn't get the result so I'm guessing I've made a mistake somewhere along the line. I'll review what you did and will try again.

Do you know the reason the concrete layer in the wall assembly overlaps the wall above when it is on the main wall layer? I would prefer not to rebuild the foundation if I've got a basement and a bunch of work into it.