Siding chopped

MCDCINC

Hello,

New greenhorn here, just started with chief 3 months ago. I'm trying to replicate an existing home that will be remodeled in the near future. I've watched hours of videos and did a search on the forum and still not finding the solution. Currently having trouble where a former single story addition finished wall ht. of 95 5/8" meets the original 2 story building w/ finished wall ht. of 117" on first floor. I have 2 locations where I have room dividers and that seems to be where the problem lies? Also I had troubles lowering room wall heights to begin with on the single story. I originally drew the entire first floor w/ 117" wall ht. Added an automatic second story floor and cut away the 2nd floor built over the single story. Drew a room divider. Then adjusted room ceiling heights to bring to single story. It's not OSB layer, what is the layer I'm seeing and why?

Geiger 09:17_2022_09_19.plan Geiger exterior.dwg

So I created this crude model and dropped the single story room ceiling height from 9' to 8'. Same problem encountered. If I raise it from 9' to 10' just for giggles, I get finished wall problems. What is the deal!!!? I've been trying to solve this for 2 days now. 

If anyone has a solution, video, article anywhere on this I'd appreciate it. 

Image 9-19-22 at 5.42 PM.jpg

Image 9-19-22 at 5.41 PM.jpeg

Eric, thank you much for the help. Is this a standard type of procedure every time there is a wall height change, or is there a better way to go about changing wall heights as I build?

I mostly remodel older farm houses built from as early as 1880 up to 1940. They are previously remodeled with additions, multiple wall depths and heights, steep staircases, etc. Many non-typical scenarios to deal with. 

Being able to make quick wall height and roof pitch changes multiple times on the same build was my goal, say if we were adding a simple rectangular addition. I was under the impression going into this, I could click a room, raise or lower the ceiling height and Chief could handle the rest of the details. Maybe I'm not understanding the ins and outs just yet. 

For example if I want to build a simple rectangular one story addition with a roof and attach it to an existing home. I will have perhaps six different scenarios of wall height changes and roof style and pitch changes to present to a client. In my mind that should be as simple as entering a new wall height and/or pitch change and chief figures out the rest. No fussing with interior and exterior "fills" for lack of a better word.