Box Window at Brick Faced Exterior Wall

LotzCC

I am drawing an as built of a house with brick on both the first and second floor exterior walls. When I add a box window with manually placed roof plans (I have auto roof off because I had to modify other roof portions), the second floor brick wall appears setback in perspective view (not setback in second level plan view). Please advise.

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your quick response.

I have attached my Chief Plan file and an image of the issue I am having with the box window.

While waiting for your response, I deleted the box window and the manually created roof planes, re-added the box window, and then tried the roof builder tool. By doing so, the roof builder tool added a roof over the box window and without the setback of the second floor wall. Even though I had boxes checked not to modify manually adjusted and built roof plans, the roof builder tool created unwanted roof planes and created more work. I would prefer to just add manual roof planes for certain situations like adding a box window. Please advise

Box Window Issue-Perspective View.jpg

Smith, Mandy 1.0.plan

That is definitely the problem. When I created the pony walls for the foundation step downs, it must have created the upper wall all all the way up to the roof. I'm not sure why that happened, but I do recall selecting an alignment setting to get the face of the brick flush with the face of the foundation wall. I will mess around with adjusting the pony walls and wall alignment.

Thanks!