Angled masonry edge/ledge

TonytheArcht

I'm trying to create an angled masonry edge/ledge for exterior stairway guardrails--not in plan view but elevation view. I know how to break the wall into three parts, then see it in elevation view to select a wall's control point and then stretch one that down so to establish the angled appearance. As soon as I release the control point, it reconnects with the other adjacent wall portions and creates one angled wall. Ugh! Please help!

existing.png

trial-0.png

trial-1.png

trial-2.png

trial-3.png

I've tried the suggestions yet discovered another way which is to not begin with breaking the wall into sections while in the plan view. Instead, start in the section/elevation view, select the wall, then within the subset of tools, break the wall into sections and stretch the control points from there. 

I've tried the suggestions yet discovered another way which is to not begin with breaking the wall into sections while in the plan view. Instead, start in the section/elevation view, select the wall, then within the subset of tools, break the wall into sections and stretch the control points from there. See the highlighted icon in the attached image.

the-tool-is-in-the-subset.png