exterior auto dimensioning

DenisePac

I want my auto exterior dimensions to snap to the main framing layer on my regular floorplan layout sheet, but I want my foundation plan to snap the auto dimension lines to include the main framing as well as the OSB layer. Would this be accomplished by simply changing my Wall Definitions to set 'foundation to exterior of layer' wall setting to include the OSB layer? See attached image of where I am talking about.  When I change it, I see it does align the foundation wall to the outside edge of OSB correctly. It also requires my foundation walls to be re-align with my upper main level walls which I think is okay.  However, will the auto exterior dimension tool automatically snap to this line when I create my foundation plan? And will it still only snap to the main framing layer on the main, normal walls levels?  

740662173_Screenshot2022-01-10181327.thumb.png.fa8cbd5d483680744cb27f94dea3fef2.png 

59 minutes ago, solver said:

Did you try for yourself?

I did. And it seems to work with two exceptions.  My walkout walls in the basement level are still snapping to the main layer.  And the lower foundation wall to my pony walls where I have my stepped foundation are not including the OSB layer. Do I have to create a short foundation wall underneath my normal walkout siding wall currently marked as "foundation" in order for this to work in that area?  I tried to manually move the auto dimension line to where I wanted it for those walls, but it won't work. 

And I need to re-define my pony walls somehow for this to work correctly. See attached for reference.

Eric, thanks for pushing me to learn.  I wasn't surprised by your reply.  I should have known better but was hoping for a quick answer.  :)

49462106_Screenshot2022-01-10193508.thumb.png.7eee819038d4a15fe9403e19a9ea4ba6.png908590174_Screenshot2022-01-10194738.thumb.png.54259be1e80e8478960c3f6ed14a81f9.png