Finish a 2nd floor (attic) with 0 height

Taylor12083

Hello!

I am having a bit of trouble figuring out how to finish the attic (2nd floor) space for this remodel. 

I added a second floor with a ceiling height of 0" as advised in another topic. However, when I go to put in a dormer or any interior walls, they do not show on any view. I cannot create the dormer or create the rooms required for this remodel with the ceiling height as 0" - which makes sense... but that is what was suggested to do since you can't finish attic space in this program.

How can I get around this? Thank you!!

Capture 2.PNG

Capture 3.PNG

Capture 4.PNG

Capture.PNG

16 minutes ago, solver said:

I'm guessing your problem is the auto roof. You can set the correct ceiling height for the 2nd floor, then check the Ignore Top Floor setting in the Build Roof dialog, or turn off Auto Rebuild Roofs and set the correct ceiling height for the 2nd floor.

Great, thank you. That does help with those 2 issues I was having! I am very new to the program and appreciate the help.

It did cause something else to happen though. I've attached a picture. Do I just break and edit the walls to create a rake wall in the spot that is now open? Or is there a more accurate way to fix this?

Capture 5.PNG

Capture 6.PNG

3 minutes ago, solver said:

Read about Roof Cuts Wall at Bottom, and Lower Wall Type When Split by Butting Roof.

Draw in your own exterior wall and use one of the above settings to control what happens below the roof.

Great, thank you