Part Numbers On Material Takeoff.

KenWhelan

I am working on a project to possibly replace an old Cad program with CA at our company.   In looking at the Material Takeoff,  if you use the User Catalog, you can put Part Numbers for specific Windows for your own parts you have added.  

1.  I would also like to do the same thing for Lumber.   So if I do a takeoff and there are 2x8x10' floor joists in the takeoff,  I would like for it to have a value in the Code field with the 2x8x10' part number that would match up to our inventory system.  

2.  Something else that I am seeing is that while it will do a cut list,  it will do a 2 x 8 x 9'5" board different than a 2 x 8 x 9'6",  even though we know that you are going to ship the same 2 x 8 x 10' for both of them.

3.  Is there a takeoff package that works well with CA that would allow us to do assemblies and part substitutions?  So for example if a Customer wanted to to purchase vinyl windows instead of aluminum windows,  we need different part numbers to place the order with our lumberyard.

Thanks

kw