Floor framing defaults

Griffin

Go to solution Solved by Canuck,

Thanks, but I guess I'm not asking the question correctly.

The framing defaults dialog under EDIT>DEFAULT SETTINGS>FRAMING>FOUNDATION does not appear to have a tab or dialogue box for the floor structure tab, it only has floor structure thickness.  I want to frame with 2x12 joists, not LVL's which seem to be the default.  I want to change the program to always default to dimensional lumber, not LVLs for joists.

post-10777-0-50811300-1466535646_thumb.png

Thanks, my problem was the grayed-out value for Floor Structures Layers.  The dialogue defaults to the first layer which is the plywood (which is the only option and therefore grayed out).  I have previously set layer 2 to 11.25" for the 2"x12" joist, but did not see that allowed me to change the structure type as well.

Thanks guys.

Just to clarify here...

-As I suggested and as Richard spelled out in a little more detail, you can adjust the floor structure settings via Edit>Default Settings>Floor>Floor Structure.  Doing this you will adjust the floor defaults for whichever floor you are on when you open the Default Settings dbx.

-As Joe suggested you can also reach the exact same Floor Structure dbx. by going through the framing defaults.  This has the benefit of allowing you to adjust those settings for multiple floors without having to switch floors and open up defaults again. 

-The above 2 methods only adjust the "defaults" on a floor by floor basis.  In order to adjust the ACTUAL floor structure defaults plan wide though you need to do so via Edit>Default Settings>Rooms>Normal Room>Floor Structure tab.  This way you can actually check that little Default box if you want to.