Walkthroughs

ChiefUserErnie

Ernie, Here is some recent discussion on the topic. See posts #4,#6,#9 specifically for answers to you question. I have been interested in this topic but have not had a project with the proper budget to try it out on yet. I would think you would need a Smokin!! hot computer setup like Perry's and lots of time and patients and money to pay for everything previously mentioned.

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/8582-more-realistic-walk-throughs/?hl=walkthrough

I am not sure if Dennis has done any more detailed work than this since his posting but I can envision a movie made with hundreds or even thousands of high resolution ray-trace images working quit well. You could send him a PM (personal message) and you might get a response if he does not see this post.

Only way I know of would be to use a normal full camera view and create a series of ray traces one at a time as you manually walk the camera through. Then, once they're complete just piece the photos together with a video editing program like Windows Movie Maker...which although not automatically downloaded with Windows anymore can still be downloaded from Microsoft for free.

I think a 3rd party program is probably a better solution though and doubt that will change anytime soon for Chief...or most any other architectural design program for that matter.

I think a 3rd party program is probably a better solution though and doubt that will change anytime soon for Chief...or most any other architectural design program for that matter.

Micheal is right on here.  There are such good 3rd party apps for walk-thru's that is what I would use for this type of presentation.  Personally, I dont think scripted walk-thru's are that effective.