Saving terrain contours as an image

mvman57

I have a jurisdiction that wants a site plan that has both the existing terrain contours showing how they lay where my proposed house will sit, as well as a grading plan that shows how the terrain will be altered for the structure. I'm at a lose as to how to achieve this. It seems the answer would be to save the existing terrain contour lines as an image mask or CAD line in a separate layer to be turned off and on. But I don't see a way to do either. Any ideas?

I don't understand what that means. I need a "frozen" image of the terrain before grading so that when I do add the grading I have an image of both. As soon as I place a flat region in the slope for the garage, say, that changes all of the terrain contours. Is that what you are describing? Which view are you referring to? Or is "CAD detail from view? a command I can execute?

If you create your terrain before any changes to it you would create a cad detail from view. Display whatever layers you want showing prior to this. 

post-3379-0-55316900-1466188235_thumb.jpg

In the CAD detail you can select all the lines and put them on new layer eg. existing terrain

Once you have your new terrain figured out you would copy and paste all those using ctrl+alt+v to put it on plan.

post-3379-0-64116300-1466188496_thumb.jpg

In the picture the terrain lines are different colour, however you would most likely want different line styles for printing.