Build roof framing sets rafters at 24" not 16"

madcowscarnival

Go to solution Solved by HumbleChief,

Hello all.

I have set all my framing defaults to 16" centers, we seldom use 24" centers for any res. construction here.  My problem is: Build Framing -> Roof Framing keeps creating rafters at 24 inch spacing, even though the global defaults, as well as the info in the dbx all specify 16" centers.  This has been a problem before on some plans, and not others.  Previously, I just ignore it and correct with annotations, however, that is not how things should be done.  The particular plan involved is attached, well, I will continue to attempt an upload in an additional post, it keeps error(ing) out.

Larry,

Thank you, it is apparently the setting in the roof plane dbx.  I will try to make sure prior to building the roof, that my default settings are all 16" centers.  Jerry, my default settings menu is not quite set up the same as yours (Roof is edited through Framing), but I did have the settings correct in there as well.  Appreciate the help.

Larry,

Thank you, it is apparently the setting in the roof plane dbx.  I will try to make sure prior to building the roof, that my default settings are all 16" centers.  Jerry, my default settings menu is not quite set up the same as yours (Roof is edited through Framing), but I did have the settings correct in there as well.  Appreciate the help.

Remember it does matter which version you are using. In X8 the structure tab in the Roof Plane dbx is where the framing spacing is set for the roof rafters, in X7 it is set in the framing tab.

Larry,

Looks like you're using X7 - it is REALLY helpful if post which version you are using.

You can also just change one roof plane at a time to whatever you want the spacing to be. Just select any roof plane and click on the little framed building at the bottom in the edit toolbar and change it.