Roof Hole

helavagal

Go to solution Solved by Greg_NY61,

Good morning all,

I am trying to cut a hole in the roof for a second floor game room dormer.  I drew the polyline on the second floor with the lower roof plane displaying on the second floor but when i go to convert the polyline - the roof cut option is grayed out.  What did i do wrong?

Thank you so much for your help!

Angela

Good morning all,

I am trying to cut a hole in the roof for a second floor game room dormer.  I drew the polyline on the second floor with the lower roof plane displaying on the second floor but when i go to convert the polyline - the roof cut option is grayed out.  What did i do wrong?

Thank you so much for your help!

Angela

Not sure what you did wrong, but the convert polyline method should work just fine.  Still works like it always did.  Maybe your polyline was accidentally overlapping multiple roof planes?  FWIW there are actually several methods a person could use to the same end...

1.  Draw a polyline for your hole, click on the roof plane, click on the polyline subtraction tool, and then click on the aforementioned polyline.

2.  As Greg said...Select the roof plane and then click "Create Hole".

3.  Draw a polyline for your hole, click "Convert Polyline" and then select "Hole In Roof / Custom Ceiling" from the list.

4.  Build>Roof>Skylight.  Draw the skylight, open the DBX and uncheck "Skylight".