Plants Not Showing In Elevations Sent To Layout - Latest Update?

HumbleChief

Was wondering if someone else might try and confirm this. It seems to be happening only with the attached floor plan. If I create a new plan from my template and send that to layout the plants show but I cannot get the plants in this plan to show after sending the elevation to Layout. Tried refreshing, moving the plant but nothing seems to get them to show.

Just tried sending the elevation with plot plan color enabled and the plants show as long as color is turned on. Turn color off and the plants disappear. 

Looks like it's just effecting this one plan so far but a heads up in case someone else runs into the same problem.

PLANT TEST 1.plan

Video below

Larry:

I opened your plan and sent the front elevation view to one of my layouts .... plot lines & color unchecked .... and the trees show in LO ... in color.  Not sure why they show in color and can't seem to change that.  Now I have a mystery with your plan on my end.  ^_^

Larry:

I opened your plan and sent the front elevation view to one of my layouts .... plot lines & color unchecked .... and the trees show in LO ... in color.  Not sure why they show in color and can't seem to change that.  Now I have a mystery with your plan on my end.  ^_^

Yeah they seem to be tied to the color setting here as well.

EDIT: But just in that plan. My template plan seems fine.

I get all the same issues and I have not run the new update yet so don't think it is that. When I print layout to PDF only the live view page has plants showing. They vanish on the other views no matter how I print - b/w or greyscale. In colour printing they show on PDF. 

I get all the same issues and I have not run the new update yet so don't think it is that. When I print layout to PDF only the live view page has plants showing. They vanish on the other views no matter how I print - b/w or greyscale. In colour printing they show on PDF. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to check - really appreciate it. I sent the plan into CA and will await their verdict.

Just a thought here guys but I have had some issues like this before and this might be worth checking. There may be some validity to what Scott said and Larry and Curt may not have this setting in Preferences set the same. See Attached.

post-4797-0-50002700-1466019877_thumb.jpg

Just a thought here guys but I have had some issues like this before and this might be worth checking. There may be some validity to what Scott said and Larry and Curt may not have this setting in Preferences set the same. See Attached.

Thanks Chop, just checked it - no difference.

Larry, your plants won't show if you send as plot lines because they are based on images. Images will not create any plot lines. If you need to send as plot lines and still display plants, maybe consider switching to 3-D plants or overlapping a non-plot line view for just the plants.

I'm away from my computer or I would test this, but I believe it has always been that way unless Chief made a special exception for plant images that was recently removed with the latest update. No matter what though, the plant image could not create plot lines. The image itself would have to be the exception.

And by the way, the reason they show in color is that you are seeing the colors in the plant image. Once you turn colors off there are no plot lines to display.

Larry, your plants won't show if you send as plot lines because they are based on images. Images will not create any plot lines. If you need to send as plot lines and still display plants, maybe consider switching to 3-D plants or overlapping a non-plot line view for just the plants.

I'm away from my computer or I would test this, but I believe it has always been that way unless Chief made a special exception for plant images that was recently removed with the latest update. No matter what though, the plant image could not create plot lines. The image itself would have to be the exception.

And by the way, the reason they show in color is that you are seeing the colors in the plant image. Once you turn colors off there are no plot lines to display.

Thanks Michael and good point and a good chance I've got a setting or my expectations wrong but I can't figure out why it seems unique to this plan? My template plan seems to show the plants OK using the plot line setting. I will check that again to see what I might be missing and thanks for your time and insight.

Wish I was at my computer to test...

In your other plan do you have images set to always display in color when possible? If you do, it's possible that they are still allowed to display (albeit in grayscale) when you have colors toggled off. Just a thought.

Wish I was at my computer to test...

In your other plan do you have images set to always display in color when possible? If you do, it's possible that they are still allowed to display (albeit in grayscale) when you have colors toggled off. Just a thought.

Tired is a couple different ways. Still won't show in layout but thanks for the reply.

Bit map images are composed of pixels and cannot be used in vector view sends to layout. If you want plants to show in vector views sent to layout as plot lines you use 2D plants from the 2D CAD library only.

If you sent an image to layout then your 2D bit map images of trees and other plants will then show as part of that image.

That is the way it has always been.

DJP

Bit map images are composed of pixels and cannot be used in vector view sends to layout. If you want plants to show in vector views sent to layout as plot lines you use 2D plants from the 2D CAD library only.

If you sent an image to layout then your 2D bit map images of trees and other plants will then show as part of that image.

That is the way it has always been.

DJP

Thanks David, that makes perfect sense but I can send the plants to a Vector Elevation view and the plants show fine - until I send to Layout. It's a long video above but it clearly shows plants showing in the Vector Elevation view and it clearly shows plants showing in the Layout using my template plan, but not in the plan in question. Still a stumper but I can always use live views when I need the view to print again. Just a bit confusing.

I did try taking another elevation view, instead of the saved camera and it seemed to behave OK but not consistently.

Tired is a couple different ways. Still won't show in layout but thanks for the reply.

You're welcome. You really got me curious now and I want to test when I get back to the office.

Just to make sure we are on the same page here though… There are three different things to look at with regard to color display.

1. The setting to always display images in color when possible.

2. The color fill checkbox when sending to layout.

3. The actual color display (in both plan and layout).

Make sure to explore your settings for all of those.

You're welcome. You really got me curious now and I want to test when I get back to the office.

Just to make sure we are on the same page here though… There are three different things to look at with regard to color display.

1. The setting to always display images in color when possible.

2. The color fill checkbox when sending to layout.

3. The actual color display (in both plan and layout).

Make sure to explore your settings for all of those.

Check the video if you have time - I know they are not easy to watch all the way through but it shows a few different settings and results.

1. The plants will display in color with color when possible, but won't show in Layout.

2. That will show the Layout in color but I want just Plot Lines, and when turning off color the plants disappear/reappear with the color on/off.

3. Tried many many different iterations but no go.