Pass Thru window & window schedule

ShaneK

Is there a way to get a "pass thru" window to show up in the window schedule as a "security curtain"? I can use " no material " for glass and it will be on window schedule but description is "Fixed Glass". This is for a "roll up security curtain" and that's what I want it to say in schedule.

Shane,

Window Schedule dbx...General Panel...Objects to Include...scroll down and check Pass-Thrus.

You can change the Description in the Components dbx for the window and that will then show in the Description column of the schedule instead of Pass-Thru which is the default.

Shane,

As I said, open the Component dbx (Edit toolbar) for the pass-thru and in the Description column, change "Pass-Thru" to "Security Curtain". 

The Description column in the window schedule will now say "Security Curtain" for that Pass-Thru.

Almost the same situation for me, I need to edit the description for a "Doorway" in my Door Schedule.  I can not find "Doorway" any where in the Component DBX in order to edit it.  Or is this different somehow?

post-4797-0-95359700-1466059353_thumb.jpg

Almost the same situation for me, I need to edit the description for a "Doorway" in my Door Schedule.  I can not find "Doorway" any where in the Component DBX in order to edit it.  Or is this different somehow?

You can't actually edit the "type" for doors or doorways. Probably best to get rid of that column and either change the name of and use one of the others or add your own custom column to the list. 

You can't actually edit the "type" for doors or doorways. Probably best to get rid of that column and either change the name of and use one of the others or add your own custom column to the list. 

Micael,

We are talking about the Description column.

You can change the Description in the Components dbx for all the door types except the Pass-Thru.

There is no door "component" (because there is no door) for a Pass-Thru as for the other door types, so there is no door entry to change the Description.

Like Joe says, you will need to use another column like Comments.

Sorry for the confusion guys, I am just trying to customize my Door Schedule for a Doorway the same way that Shane did for his Pass-Thru on his Window Schedule. Hopefully without the Text Overlay as shown in the attached thumbnail. It seems to me that the same principals should apply for a Doorway as a Pass-Thru, or Not.

post-4797-0-62120600-1466090626_thumb.jpg

Yes Shane, That seems to work great for everything but "Doorway" and indeed should work just the same as your example of Pass-Thru.  But I can't get access to it as Glenn was referring to in post #8.  Do you see something different in your "Doorway" Component DBX with X7 than I did in post #5 with X8?

I would rather not use a different column as I would then have to change all my other stock doors to another column just to accommodate 1 custom door in the same schedule. Only 4 this time but next time it could be 30. 

Micael,

We are talking about the Description column.

You can change the Description in the Components dbx for all the door types except the Pass-Thru.

There is no door "component" (because there is no door) for a Pass-Thru as for the other door types, so there is no door entry to change the Description.

Like Joe says, you will need to use another column like Comments.

Yes.  I understand Glenn.  My comment still stands.  The reason we have to use another column (or a custom column) as I also suggested is BECAUSE we cannot change the "type" for doors or doorways...which is what we would have to be able to do to edit the term "doorway". 

Thanks Shane, That will work for this plan but there are lots or reasons that it should have worked with "Doorway" so I will talk to Tech when I get a chance to see why this was not done the same way as "Pass-Thru". If it was a oversight then it would be an easy fix since they have already worked it out once.

Yes I suppose that does deserve an explanation as there may be a better way.

A: I primarily use the door and window schedules to communicate R/O Sizes for the framers.

B: I wanted to include a CA Sliding Barn Door in my Door Schedule which made sense to me.

The problem being that the Barn Doors are all in the library as Fixtures and the dimensions given seem to be for the Bounding Box (hardware included) of the symbol. So since the barn doors surface mount over a Doorway, I thought it just made sense to keep it all on one line of the Door Schedule.

Submitted to Tech Support for evaluation June 21   Case #61087

Edit :  With the introduction of X9 the Description column for Doorways can now be edited through the Object Information panel. :)