Perspective View Can't See Foundation Walls

Anna_Gorres

Go to solution Solved by Joe_Carrick,

Hello again - you all have been so helpful! This is my 3rd post in about 3 days!

In perspective view, I am unable to see my foundation wall or floor. I can see this in elevation and orthographic. ? I looked under preferences, room specifications, and wall specifications. Thought someone might have an immediate answer. 

Thanks much!

Anna 

Or you have the foundation layer turned off in your layer display options.

I would of bet that this was the solution.  Dermot,  that is such a mystery layer....  I am not sure what is on that layer.  I do not believe the walls are on that layer.

Is there a reason for this layer?

Is it left over from days gone by?

It is rarely an issue,  I doubt there are many users who are aware of the layer.

The world is a mysterious place.  Apparently, Michael got the right answer but Joe got the credit?

As for the mystery "foundation" layer, the main reason we still have it is that it has been there for a very long time and if we got rid of it someone would complain.  We originally put it in the program because some versions of our consumer products would not show foundations in some views.  In order to keep compatibility with our professional products we decided to control the display using layers.  I'm really not sure it's still needed but it might be convenient in some cases?  I would bet that the majority of people that know about it are the ones that have accidently turned it off.

I would of bet that this was the solution.  Dermot,  that is such a mystery layer....  I am not sure what is on that layer.  I do not believe the walls are on that layer.

Is there a reason for this layer?

Is it left over from days gone by?

It is rarely an issue,  I doubt there are many users who are aware of the layer.

Not sure I have a perfect answer for you Scott, but that layer essentially controls anything and everything built on floor zero. 

The world is a mysterious place.  Apparently, Michael got the right answer but Joe got the credit?

Dermot,

Even if the "Foundation" Layer is "displayed" - it will not be shown in a Floor Overview if "Show Lower Floors in Floor Overviews" isn't checked.  IAE, Michael wasn't actually right is saying to use a "Full Camera". 

The correct answer is really a combination of your and my solutions.

ie:  Show Lower Floors in Floor Overviews --- and --- Turn on the "Foundation" Layer

• Downvote 1

The original poster said that the first response was correct.

There are lots of reasons why a person might not see the foundation.  Here are some of them listed in order of most likely to least likely:

- they are using a floor camera instead of a full camera (a floor overview can also be set to show lower floors or not).

- they have the foundation layer turned off

- they have no foundation floor

- they have nothing on their foundation floor

- everything on their foundation is turned off through layers

- everything on their foundation is hidden by some other method such as using invisible walls or materials

- their computer is possessed by demonic forces

- any combination of the above

The original poster said that the first response was correct.

There are lots of reasons why a person might not see the foundation.  Here are some of them listed in order of most likely to least likely:

- they are using a floor camera instead of a full camera (a floor overview can also be set to show lower floors or not).

- they have the foundation layer turned off

- they have no foundation floor

- they have nothing on their foundation floor

- everything on their foundation is turned off through layers

- everything on their foundation is hidden by some other method such as using invisible walls or materials

- their computer is possessed by demonic forces

- any combination of the above

or they forgot to put their glasses on.