Intersecting roof to brick wall material?

GoojDesign

Hello everyone, apologies if I was unable to find the solution for this in forums; I may not be searching for the correct topic. I have a building with an intersecting roof to a brick surface; the interior wall will be made of drywall and exterior surface above the roof of brick. Despite my best efforts, I have been unable to make this happen. I have tinkered with the knee wall settings along with attic walls, searched the help files for quite a while, but I only seem to be able to have brick on the inside & outside wall vs. the goal of sheetrock inside & brick on the exterior surface. 

I must be missing something elementary in this; I appreciate anyone who can help me.  After 12 years in Autocad, this conversion to Chief is proving to be a bit of a learning curve with the terminology.  Attached are two annotated images & a drawing file example of what we are talking about.

Kind Regards,

KC

post-8277-0-87343000-1465917090_thumb.jpg

post-8277-0-06343600-1465917098_thumb.jpg

Intersecting Roof to Brick Wall Example.plan

Hi KC, Here is a quick fix on one half of your structure. Not quite sure if this is the only way or the best way to fix such a situation but it may suffice for now.  Unless of course someone else can provide a more elegant solution. 

It is really just a matter of opening a 3d view ( I prefer a Perspective Full Overview ) and selecting and editing the wall shapes until they look correct.  Which sometime requires some brute force and other times requires a lot of patience and trials. The new camera features in X8 make this sort of thing much easier with x-ray capabilities, or rather smashing the camera through or inside a wall or attic space without having to buy a new Gopro.

I would make you a video but am not set up to do so yet, so here is a link to a video David did the other day in a similar situation. https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/9853-problem-when-stepping-footings-and-foundation/

post-4797-0-98720700-1465920433_thumb.jpg

Intersecting Roof to Brick Wall Fix.plan

Classic example of the software allowing something bad to occur.  What would hold the weight of the bricks?  Full size bricks need a brick ledge to bear upon.  If you are using faux brick, you should change the thickness of the brick layer for accuracy.

Thank you all for the responses, I'll dig into the best options.  We would of course use a brick ledge to hold the weight of the full size bricks; I suppose it is just something that we cannot represent visually with the software without some manipulation.