Foundation Wall that Jumps

Chopsaw

Hope you are all up for a challenge. I am working on a plan and am almost finished but need to change the footing size and foundation wall thickness but every time I touch any of those settings one foundation room is converted to a Monolithic slab foundation and the stem wall height is shortened no matter what I try. "Automatic Rebuild Foundation" is off and seems to be on.

I don't know if I have found a bug or built the whole house wrong or maybe I have one setting mixed up.

post-4797-0-00265400-1465871977_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-63196800-1465871996_thumb.jpg

Did you set your garage wall height correctly via the dialogue box. In the D box you can change the foundation wall width as well as the footing dimensions.I just did a plan with different size garage walls due to shear requirements and had a stepped footing with no problems.

Jeff, I started this plan before I knew anything about defaults so I went back and set a default stem wall height and locked it in for the room that is a problem and all the surrounding rooms. No dice. Same problem.

Hi Jerry, The offending walls are at default top and bottom height and I think I should try to set defaults for Ceiling Height in that room and see if that helps. There is something that the software refuses to ignore.

Still no dice with my revisions.

post-4797-0-30538700-1465879558_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-73369400-1465880396_thumb.jpg

Thanks to all of you helping out with suggestions I found an adjoining Garage wall that was above default height and when I fixed that I got the step (vertical) footing on the left side that was missing. So that being a good sign I forged ahead and reset my footing size and wall thickness that I wanted but I still have two rooms that are highly volatile and need to be reset to defaults every time I do something to do with the foundation. So I may send this one in to Tech now that I understand what my question will be.

Thanks Again, Chopsaw. Not so sure I have ever seen this before

post-4797-0-91826300-1465916061_thumb.jpg

post-4797-0-64149200-1465915399_thumb.jpg