Door Label Rotation

Chopsaw

Thanks for your time Jerry,  I was hoping this was an easy one but maybe I just found a bug at the wrong time, just before the drawings are to be submitted.  So I may do some testing on a sample plan ( symmetrical Shapes vs. the Ellipse, Rectangle, and Capsule ) and do some more R&D for the Chief.

Preliminary Testing indicates that the Pentagon and Triangle do rotate, but the Ellipse, Rectangle, and Capsule do not.  Not quite sure how to test the others.  But this must be a bug that I will have to report.

However for now I would be happy if there was a way to prevent the text from rotating?

Preliminary Testing indicates that the Pentagon and Triangle do rotate, but the Ellipse, Rectangle, and Capsule do not.  Not quite sure how to test the others.  But this must be a bug that I will have to report.

This thread may shed some light: https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/9359-some-callouts-cant-be-rotated/?hl=capsule

Thank You Robert, Very enlightening and while this is a similar problem from the same root programing it is slightly different when dealing with callouts generated from a schedule. I will refer to your thread when I talk to tech because maybe they can sort out the whole thing at one time. Although you reference callout alignment with a door in the other thread I think you are strictly talking about manual callouts. Then when it comes to auto callouts generated from a schedule Dermot's quote "We did not add in the ability to rotate these new callout shapes on purpose. The reason why is because currently the callout text can't be rotated and it will always be horizontal. Rotating these new callout shapes without rotating the text would probably not look the way you want." would not apply. So this is for sure a programming oversight or Bug. If your request was implemented I would at least be able to turn off the auto callout and replace it with a manual one. Same problem with manual callout you can control the text but not the callout box.

Re Submitted to Tech Support June 13,  Case #60868

Fixed with update 18.3.1.2

Thank you Chief.

post-4797-0-52398600-1465842338_thumb.jpg