sloped floor

jberd16

remove the floor in the room DBX and use a ramp as the floor. Not exactly sure what your condition is though.

If i use a ramp, can I have the width at the bottom smaller/larger than the width at the top?  Example:  bottom width 5', top width 7'

Create a wedge shaped "Face" in cross section view and then sweep/extrude it about a center point.  This is not simple but with some calculation and experiment you can get what you are asking for.  Another way to do this would be with a Molding Profile assigned to an arc.

IMO, the simplest method is to use a wedge shaped molding profile on a Molding Polyline.  It's really easy to adjust the radius of the Polyline as well as the width & height of the Molding Profile.

For a simple shape yes, but for something with no radius or a more complex floor shape...not so much. 

Yes Michael that is what I assumed as well. As far as I know, we cannot "flair" the ramp, instead it has parallel sides. 

Yep, that's why I would use the Molding Polyline.  I agree that to flare the sides you need to use an arc - but I think that for a theater, amphitheater, etc it would commonly be an arc anyway.

Guys I thank you for the help.  I and wanting to design a venue like a concert hall that would have a sloped floor for the audience.  I have played around with p.solids and created ramp with a wider width at the top and a narrower width at the bottom, was not too easy for me.  I already designed the facility without the sloped floor and now I need to figure out how to put one in without starting over.  I should get it right in about a year, lol

I would use a roof plane - very straight forward and controllable.

You can shape it and slope it any way you want.

Copy it to a blank plan and convert it to symbol and copy back into the original plan.

By making a symbol of it, it won't be treated as a roof plane and thus it won't cut walls, etc.

Only takes a couple of minutes to build it.

post-106-0-32794500-1465977450_thumb.jpg

I would use a roof plane - very straight forward and controllable.

You can shape it and slope it any way you want.

Copy it to a blank plan and convert it to symbol and copy back into the original plan.

By making a symbol of it, it won't be treated as a roof plane and thus it won't cut walls, etc.

Only takes a couple of minutes to build it.

Another option would be to build a sloped terrain,  build a sidewalk and then turn it into a symbol.

The roof plane is probably the best solution.  I do not like converting to symbols because the editing is lost.....  but not sure if there is much choice.....  the roof does not need to be turned into a symbol if there will not be a problem with cutting walls......

Scott, 

Another option would be to build a sloped terrain,  build a sidewalk and then turn it into a symbol.

A bit hard to control exact slope using a terrain. ie, making it 10deg slope (2 1/8 in 12)

And I think having roofs inside rooms with other ceilings and roofs above is asking for trouble

Just throwing this in for some feedback because I don't have the skill level to compete with all you guys. But lots of ideas here.

What are the possibilities of using a sloped ceiling plane and an extra floor? I think it could be framed structurally as a floor and not have the potential drawbacks of a roof plane.

If the OP intends to build a wood structure I think this could work.

post-4797-0-70930900-1466047958_thumb.jpg