Driveway won't show on Plot Plan

mrrozhall

Roz, it shows on plot plan and default set when I looked at it. I assume you will be adjusting what seems to be your property lines to their correct location.

Yes, it show correctly on the default set.  And it shows on the plot plan only when I turn on 'Display Plan Details'.  However when I turn on 'Display Plan Details', it also shows another copy of the plot plan on top of the existing plot plan.  Something is out of sync and I cannot figure it out.

Roz

Yes, it show correctly on the default set.  And it shows on the plot plan only when I turn on 'Display Plan Details'.  However when I turn on 'Display Plan Details', it also shows another copy of the plot plan on top of the existing plot plan.  Something is out of sync and I cannot figure it out.

Roz

I think your problem is that the property line is in a different location in your plot plan than it is in the main plan.  You either moved the building in your plot plan or moved the property line in your main plan.  Fix that to either align them or delete one of them and you should be good. 

This is what I see.

attachicon.gifplot plan.jpg

Jerry,

If you're not familiar with it, we have a tool called Plan Footprint that many people use to create plot plans.  When done that way, the plot plan would be in the Project Browser>CAD Details as it is in this case and not just controlled via layer sets and layer settings.  Maybe search Plan Footprint in the Help files to get a quick primer on how it works (unless of course you already know and it just slipped your mind). 

Hello all.  I still cannot properly display the driveway on the plot WITHOUT also displaying the terrain perimeter and an additional plot plan.  I'm already on the plot plan and when I create a new footprint, it brings over ANOTHER plot plan (now I have two) along with the driveway.  I don't know why the footprint has another plot plan around it.  Hope I'm not confusing anyone.  I attached the plan earlier.

This is driving me crazy.  I simply want to display the driveway on my plot plan WITHOUT the terrain perimeter and WITHOUT the additional plot plan.  If I check "Display Plan Details" that's when it displays the terrain perimeter and an additional plot plan.  Aaargh!!!!

I am a NOVICE with CA, so PLEASE provide detailed (ie dummy proof) suggestions, tips, pointers.  Thank you all so much

Roz

Just a quick question here Roz, Is it your intension to have your plot plan as a cad detail or live within you plan on the Plot Plan Layer. You seem to already have two cad details that may be intended to be plot plans #1 "Bode Circle" and #2 "Trophy Oaks Drive". Are you trying to decide between 1 of two lots to build on?

Just a quick question here Roz, Is it your intension to have your plot plan as a cad detail or live within you plan on the Plot Plan Layer. You seem to already have two cad details that may be intended to be plot plans #1 "Bode Circle" and #2 "Trophy Oaks Drive". Are you trying to decide between 1 of two lots to build on?

Thanks for the reply, Chopsaw.  I'd prefer the plot plan remain as a cad detail as it is now.  Yes, Bode and Trophy Oaks are two lots I'm considering building on.  I'm wanting to see how the house will sit on either lot...hence I'm trying to also display the driveway.

Thanks

Roz

In your normal plan view, switch to your plot plan layer set and simply delete the extra property line polyline.  Should be as easy as that.  Or if you want to keep it for some reason, just put it on a unique layer and turn that layer off in the layer set you're using for the Plot Plan CAD Detail.

Ok then, the problem I see is that you can not use terrain features (driveway on Roads Layer) in a cad detail.  So if you want to stick with the cad detail and have two of them you will need to draw in the driveway using cad tools on the cad detail. Rather that drawing it you could create a "cad detail from view" of your Plot Plan Set and just copy and paste it into your cad details, what ever is easier for you.

This may go beyond my level of expertise but now we are heading in the right direction and I will help as much as I can.

Problem solved!!!!  I used Alaska_Son's recommendation, and IT WORKED PERFECTLY!  Wow, that was easy.  I've been struggling with this for hours, and turns out it was as simple as Alaska_Son said it is.

Thanks everyone who took time to read, and reply.  Thanks again to the CA Nation!

Roz

Problem solved!!!!  I used Alaska_Son's recommendation, and IT WORKED PERFECTLY!  Wow, that was easy.  I've been struggling with this for hours, and turns out it was as simple as Alaska_Son said it is.

Thanks everyone who took time to read, and reply.  Thanks again to the CA Nation!

Roz

Glad we got that sorted : )