Blocked Corbels Move on Z axis every so often--Why

zowie123

Hi all,

Creating asbuilt of a craftsman with many corbels.  If I don't block them they move around independently on z axis from time to time.  When I do block them they move around as a group on the z axis--but only when I'm in a rush:)

Stuff should not move around--hahah.  

X8  no floor ht changes, no grade changes, no changes to any height what so ever, they just move up from where they should be once or twice very couple of hours--fun.

Anyone know why?

Thank you, 

Barry

post-933-0-54399500-1465593775_thumb.jpg

Hi, I had deleted the terrain by accident.  Somehow block molding items or Specifically corbel heights are tied to terrain--not good. 

Would someone at chief please take a look at this?  

Thank you, Barry

Hi, I had deleted the terrain by accident.  Somehow block molding items or Specifically corbel heights are tied to terrain--not good. 

Would someone at chief please take a look at this?  

Thank you, Barry

This is very interesting.  I am not sure if you are on X8,  but with x8 you can associate the height of certain items with the terrain or the floor,the finished floor,  the ceiling, the roof,  the absolute height or the total height of Dermot's hairline.  

When it comes to blocked moldings,  what height do you want it tied to?  You might want to pass that request on to CA.

I wish I could associate the height of moldings to something other than absolute.

If an item is associated with the terrain,  and you delete the terrain,  I assume  you might have problems.  But then when you rebuild terrain,  I assume all should be well with your blocked moldings.

This is an example of a very subtle nuance that no matter how CA sets it up, someone will be disappointed.

absolute height is the only one that does not ever move.  Individual parts of an overall blocked item probably have to be designated before you block them.  It might be an interesting experiment if you mixed different height determiners in a group blocking.  Which type rules?

I do not think it is a bug, exterior symbols are by default "attached" to a terrain with exception if they are inside of a room (such as porch, deck). 

I had a project where both Michael and Glenn saw the "bug" behavior and we both reported.  The issue with blocked symbols and shapes I had may not be the same issue the OP has, but without the file we dont know for sure.  Perhaps it is a terrain issue.

• 2 weeks later...