PC System

NewAsia

Hello,

I intend to buy 2 new computers. One for modeling large area and complicate objects (such as a 1-2ha residence, classic building...), One for simple modeling and layout (drafting task).

Everyone can advice me some computer system that suitable with my demand, and include price is the best. I could effort $1000-$1500 for modeling computer and ~$500 for drafting computer.

Thank you so much !!!

A $500.00 laptop or desktop is a waste of money completely.

The desktop I currently have I built my self for for about $1,500.00 my current laptop I purchased for about $1,500.00 at Best Buy.

I think having two computers is also a waste of time and money unless you also do drawing in the field.  I have two for two different purposes: one for office use and one for field work (the laptop). If you do not do field work you can just get by with a good solid desktop that has a real video card separate from the Mother board to give adequate graphic support to any drafting 2D or 3D. Chief Architect software demands proper hardware support, your budget has nothing to do with what works and what does not work, get a proper budget or just forget it.

DJP

Unless you have more than 1 employee, I would pool that money and spend $2000 on the best processor and video card combo you can find with two large high definition screens. And if you can dig up any more cash spend it on a Solid State Drive.

My advice for laptop:  Try finding an alienware laptop 18 inches (used); just have somebody with proper IT skills run a few tests to make sure the graphics card is still alive; in most cases I think you could find a decent used alienware or asus rog laptop for around 500-750$.  It'll be powerful enough with enough ram and all to do the field work.

As for a desktop at 1500$, your best bet is finding a buddy whose good with tech to put one together for you, sites like newegg and others have discounts here and there from time to time and you could put together a decent machine...

I personally spent 4,000 $ on my system (desktop).  34 inch LG um95 screen (lots of work space), but you could get 2 dell full hd monitors, or one larger one like a benq.
As for processor I put in a i7 5930k 6 core monster, they should have some discounts somewhere, asus v rampage motherboard, 32gb ddr4 ram, 2 ssd's at 256gb samsung 850's, and one 3tb for other stuff.  
Graphics card, go with a Asus strix geforce 980 it'll do the job on all fronts.

You can mix and choose, as somebody previously said go for powerful processor and video card, the rest you can put together here n there.

https://www.amazon.com/BenQ-BL3200PT-Designer-Monitor-Animation/dp/B00ITORMNM

benq was my #2 choice after the LG.

Hi all -

Bought this for field work and client meetings.  It is very fast at a decent price. Base monitor is great.  4gb 960M discrete graphics card...You can configure with more ram and a higher res. monitor for about 1400.  Only bottleneck on this one is the hard drive, but it has a M.2 port for an ssd upgrade path.  It also has a backlit keyboard, which I thought was silly but is actually quite nice.  I have been very happy with it and is not sluggish at all with x7.

Thanks.

Acer Aspire V17 Nitro Black Edition VN7-792G-79LX 17.3-inch Full HD Notebook (Windows 10)

| 170 answered questions

List Price: $1,099.99 Price: $1,049.99 Free Shipping for Prime Members  You Save: $50.00 (5%)

6th Generation Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.5GHz (6MB L3 cache)

• Windows 10 Home
  • 17.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
  • 8GB DDR4 Dual Channel Memory
  • 1TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
  • 8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive (M-DISC enabled)
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M with 4 GB of dedicated GDDR5 VRAM
  • Acer TrueHarmony Plus High-Performance Sound System
  • Four Built-in Stereo Speakers and Built-in Digital Microphone
  • Secure Digital (SD) card reader
  • 802.11ac WiFi featuring MU-MIMO technology (Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
  • Bluetooth 4.0
  • 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port)
  • 1 - Thunderbolt 3 (Full USB 3.1 Type C) Port
  • 2 - USB 3.0 Ports (one with Power-off Charging)
  • 1 - HDMI Port with HDCP Support
  • 3-cell Li-polymer Battery (4780 mAh)
  • Up to 7-hours of battery life