Dynamic room size macro

Smithsjs

I am trying to set up a macro that will display the room sizes automatically in a text type box of to the side of my plan rather than having room sizes displayed in the rooms themselves. This is so that when I post my plans to my website the room sizes are there but it makes it a fraction harder to rip the plan off

Any tips?

copy of what I have done so far but I cant get the sizes to populate

post-6347-0-72314100-1465516899_thumb.jpg

In addition to Perry's suggestion, you can also consider using a text box with an arrow along with the blank line type...or, you could also manually move the automatically created labels over into your table. I'm not a macro master so there might be other macro methods as well but those are a couple that come to mind. Room finish shedule is probably a better idea though.

For what you want, I would use Perry's method.  A Room Finish Schedule can be limited to just the Room Name and the Sizes - maybe add Area.  In addition it can be limited to a single floor if you want.

Using a macro for this would not be easy because each and every room would need to have a unique name and the macro(s) would need to be fairly complex to accumulate the data in a global hash table so that it could be displayed in a table.  Using Schedules which CA has already programmed is much easier.

ps:  I have a macro package that can do this (and quite a bit more) but for what you've asked the Schedule is the way to go.